Rosen Tabi coming to Nintendo Switch

The publisher Sonic Powered made a series of six railway simulator games for the 3DS, each featuring a different line: http://www.sonicpowered.co.jp/train/ .  They have announced the Eiden edition will be released in Japan for the Switch: https://japanesenintendo.com/2019/09/13/japanese-rail-sim-journey-to-kyoto-coming-to-switch/ .  Unlike the 3DS, the Switch does not have region coding, so although the game will be in Japanese, you could play the physical version (as opposed to purchasing digitally) it on a Switch purchased anywhere.  Also, they later released English language versions of the Eiden and Okinawa Monorail versions, maybe this will get the same treatment.

Edited by miyakoji
  • Like 1

Mine arrived today. Major difference compared to the Nintendo 3DS version is that not only the Kurama but the Eizan Line is available. After you unlocked it of course. And you can drive both direction.

Switch_Kirara.thumb.jpg.4ae61b655d745e19ace1b83da210f6f0.jpg

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, IST said:

Mine arrived today. Major difference compared to the Nintendo 3DS version is that not only the Kurama but the Eizan Line is available. After you unlocked it of course. And you can drive both direction.

And you can drive the Hiei on the Switch.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Keith said:

I’m toying with buying a switch, do you know if this game is on the Nintendo eshop?

I don't see it on the US eshop.  I assume it's only on the Japanese eshop.  I know there are instructions around the 'net about how to set up a Japanese account on your system, but I'm concerned that it's something they can shut down if they like.  If I get any non-US titles, I'm just going to get them on cartridge.  I'll probably get this in the future, and I've got my fingers crossed for a Densha de GO release 🙂

• Like 1

It is in the Japanese eshop and it takes only 2 minutes to make an account there. Somewhere I read there will be a Western version of this software in 2020, so if you do not want to make a Japanese account you should wait for that version, I think that will be available in the US or in the European webshop.

@miyakoji:
I would like to see a DDG on Switch as well. 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you for all you help.

After creating the account it would not accept my cc and PayPal didn’t work. I eventually bought an Eshop code online and.....

A7C6C471-FD7F-4FE3-AAEF-B870B2F97A11.jpeg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Keith said:

Thank you for all you help.

After creating the account it would not accept my cc and PayPal didn’t work. I eventually bought an Eshop code online and.....

Would it let you apply the code on your main account (assuming its territory is Australia)?