Seibu's 'Laview' express

1 hour ago, Sheffie said:

EF210. Now there’s a nice looking train. Tricky to see what it was pulling 

The kato version comes in both single arm and diamond lift pantographs. Since you mentioned prevoiusly you like the later better.

5 minutes ago, katoftw said:

The kato version comes in both single arm and diamond lift pantographs. Since you mentioned prevoiusly you like the later better.

This is just idle thought on my part. I’m a long way away from being able to justify a second freight locomotive. 

But the train behind looked interesting. It reminded me a little bit of a mask or something from classic doctor who. Perhaps a martian Ice Warrior?

11 hours ago, EH500 (11) said:

That thing looks like... :sad1:

I don't find it to be a good looking machine, but it's less obscene than I had expected.  So that's something.

I've always thought this looked like the original designer designed the main body of the train and then someone else came along and stuck on the "cow catcher" to meet some regulatory requirement.

JR East has their E001, now Seibu has their 001.  Do you say it "Double oh one" like a James Bond predecessor?    

YouTube (and JNS forum member) ayokoi just posted a zenmen tenbou video of a trip on this new train set from Hannō to Ikebukuro Stations:

• Like 3

Folks,

Looking at a shot of Seibu's new 'Laview' (What a silly name!) express, one wonders if the office  tea boy was responsible for the design around the front coupler.

A smooth front, then down to the coupler area, and a big gap!

Or does that lower section slide back to give a smooth front and the coupling retract?

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

The name is not meant to make sense or be cool outside japan really. Not much sillier than drug, car, and many other product names around the world.

jeff

Here are some pictures. I shoot them once or twice near Ekoda Station everytime I visit my student at Hikawadai. 

buDY6nL.jpg

Seibu 01 series Red Arrow Limited Express 'Laview' Seibu-Ikebukuro Line Location: 構本-3 (koumoto-3) .catenary.pole.east.of.nagasaki.#7.crossing (second.crossing.east.of.ekoda.station) 11 Jun 2019   Towards lkebukuro Station.

Same location going the other way.  Issac version. 

haawqvb.jpg

Going away.  Kaylon version.

M15zZZt.jpg

aAXJ89k.jpg

lazt9zz.jpg

Location: dead end street fence west of ekoda #2 crossing - west of Ekoda Station. 7 May 2019

Grant

• Like 7

Folks, 

No self-respecting caterpillar would want to look like this!

Anyrate, what do architects know about train design?

This is more the area of industrial designers, or even railway engineers!

Regards, 

Bill, 

Melbourne.

I think there's a mistake in that headline, it should be "Blue Ribbon Award for Best Cyclopean Insect Train" 😉

• Haha 4