Disney monorail spotted

Sheffie

This isn’t an N gauge model. It’s a fair bit larger. But it’s available, for $100

25E926B2-9E42-4791-A598-DB63BC91A6C9.thumb.jpeg.8d99e1278cad15928dda3f0d4b89dad5.jpeg

Apparently it can be found on the “Shop Disney App” where other images are available. I’m considering getting it — my daughter is almost 4, which is near enough to the 5+ marked on the box 🙂

• Like 2

I gave a similar set to my son when he was about that age (early 2000s). He played with it hours at a time for many years. Eventually he tired of it and it had plenty of life left in it.

It didn't foster an interest in trains, but at least I tried.

I remember these when I was a kid!  I always wondered what happened to the ones I had, I'll have to be on the lookout for one near here (I live close to Disneyland CA).

2 hours ago, Sheffie said:

Apparently they sell a different model there, because the prototype looks quite different in Disneyland 

To my eyes, the Disneyland Monorail is not as nice looking. I much prefer the mark 1 & 2 days. But that was a long long time ago.

Edited by RogerMc

In the past I have seen a second radius of "beamway" and other things offered by people on Ebay, who made these into more serious modeling efforts. Then of course, Disney offered the Contemporary Hotel, for these to run through, and other accessories. Check out Youtube...

Rich K.

• Like 1