Rapido warranty issues

Kiran

I am just checking in if I am the only one running into this or if there have been others who faced similar problems. I purchased a Virgin Pendolino DCC set from Rapido in January. This was when they said they had a few units still lying around. I was so excited about it. Unfortunately, only one motor car was functioning.

Dealing with their warranty was pretty nice. I sent them an email and they sent me a UPS label to send it back which I did. Unfortunately, it has been nearly 7 months and I still don't have my train back. Every month, I send them an email. They reply back with an apology and tell me that it will be shipped next week for sure. But that next week never seems to arrive.

I see from their newsletters that they are looking to hire staff in their warranty department and overall they seem to be nice bunch of people. At the same time, I also don't like the idea of waiting indefinitely for a train that cost $650 to be repaired. It is also a bit embarrassing to have to remind them every month or so.

Has anyone had similar experience with Rapido trains?

The only experience I had with their warranty department was with a broken truck on a Penn Central coach. I sent them a picture and got a new truck within 2 weeks. 7 months is a long time though, even Broadway Limited has a faster turnaround and honestly their warranty service is...not so great.

Glad to hear it finally got fixed!  One of our local club members had simmilar issues with their unit, its a nice train but some have their teething problems its seems.