Kintetsu announces new Hinotori express train

HankyuDentetsu

Really liking this. I had the pleasure of travelling to Ise by 近鉄50000系 Shimakaze Limited Express; the seating looks very similar to the Premium Cars coming to Hinotori. The Shimkaze was probably the most comfortable and luxurious train ride I've ever had.

According to https://tabiris.com/archives/kintetsu-hinotori/ it looks like they've priced it well, at 4,540 yen for regular and 5,240 for Premium. Does anyone know how it stacks up against Shinkansen services in terms of journey times? Obviously if you wish to begin or end your journey in Namba rather than Shin Osaka, I'd imagine the time saved on Shinkansen is eaten into quite significantly?

With the Shinkansen it's about 90 minutes to Nagoya, starting from Osaka Namba. With the Kintetsu Ltd. express it's about 130 minutes. But the Shinkansen is 6060 yen, so a bit more expensive (and more inconvenient and crowded since you have to switch more from Osaka Central).

• Like 1

Also a lot of tourist from Asian countries whom visit Kansai travel on Kintetsu more regularly as it is cheaper. I hazard a guess this train is more aimed at them.

As a point-to-point service it's not going to compete much with the Shinkansen on speed or convenience, but I imagine residents of the towns along the route served by this train appreciate the express service to either Osaka or Nagoya.

Edited by railsquid
  • Like 1
HankyuDentetsu

Not a big fan of Kintetsu's regular services (much more of a Hankyu (clearly) and Keihan fan myself), but my goodness they do know how to build a premium liner. Absolutely gorgeous inside and out.

Waiting for either Kato or Tomix model announcement. 🙂  And just added to my "Trains to ride List" on my next trip.

Kintetsu Limited Express Hinotori Series 80000 debut !!! 2020.3.14

Video by Dr.YELLOW movie by charonzoom

• Like 2

Kintetsu New Meihan Limited Express Hinotori 80000 series 3 organizations gathered for a paid photo session in Aoyama-cho garage

Video by kl3200kei

• Like 2