An odd find at a train show

Need for High Speed

Need for High Speed

I was at the Green burg Train show at Edison.  Weirdest thing I've bought at a train show 20 bucks goes a long way.

Its a Playart Japanese train, it is motorized but runs very wobbly, the pantographs seem to be missing. Its wheels are very crooked.

I know it's not a shinkansen but can some one identify this? It looks familiar but can't quit point to what it is.

Their seems to be no drivers cab so maybe I'll customize one of these cars into a cab.

20190811_213044.jpg

20190811_213102.jpg

• Need for High Speed changed the title to An odd find at a train show

It’s a 485 series Limited Express EMU. It should have cabs that look like this:

large.3B2A5687-DEC9-44B5-9088-B07DB1F458

Ive got a set of these cars stashed away somewhere which you’re welcome to have if you want it.

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 2
Need for High Speed
6 hours ago, marknewton said:

I've got a set of these cars stashed away somewhere which you’re welcome to have if you want it.

All the best,

Mark.

Thank you for the offer. I might actually take you up on that. How big is your set?

My only problem is you live upside down in Australia and I'm not in the mood to pay for int'l shipping because it isn't cheap. But I'll come back to you later.

Thanks!

4 cars - two cab cars, two coaches. Let me know when you’re in the mood, I’m not going to do anything with them or get rid of them in the meantime.

All the best,

Mark.

• Thanks 1
On 8/12/2019 at 3:46 PM, Need for High Speed said:

I was at the Green burg Train show at Edison.  Weirdest thing I've bought at a train show 20 bucks goes a long way.

Its a Playart Japanese train, it is motorized but runs very wobbly, the pantographs seem to be missing. Its wheels are very crooked.

I know it's not a shinkansen but can some one identify this? It looks familiar but can't quit point to what it is.

Their seems to be no drivers cab so maybe I'll customize one of these cars into a cab.

20190811_213044.jpg

20190811_213102.jpg

It's a scaled-up-to-H0 copy of the JNR 485 Series Lima in N-Scale in the mid-70s.

They're quite rare, but once in a while a car or two shows up for sale here and there...