New Tomix Shop

JR 500系

8 hours ago, Ewan.in.gz said:

Hmm.... Thanks for the heads-up! I'll have a look at some other stores.... We're doing the shopping for people back home tomorrow.... Makeup & medicine.... What Chinese people ALWAYS want to buy from Japan!

And nappies and baby milk...

Hey Serotta, not yet! I’m traveling with my Chinese housemate. It’s his first trip to Japan, and he doesn’t speak English or Japanese, so I am both his tour guide & translator. It’s been a very hectic 14 days.... This time I really haven’t had much time for train related stuff....

• Thanks 1
On 2/10/2018 at 8:27 AM, Ewan.in.gz said:

I was in Yodobashi Camera Umeda (downtown Osaka) the other day and I was able to pick up TOMIX 98603, JR East 200 Series Tohoku Shinkansen (H Set). I've always REALLY liked these trains, along with the Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen 100 Series trains, because of the shark nose styling.

The add-on sets are: 98604 Add-on Set A (3 cars) and 98605 Add-on Set B (7 cars).

If you were to go to Tokyo, the Yodobashi Camera Akiba store seems to have a lot more train stuff than the Umeda store.

Amazon.co.jp lists the 98604 set, but not the 98605 set, as ones sold by Amazon.co.jp and usually able to be shipped outside Japan.   Unfortunately it shows as not available until June 3, 2018.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:52 AM, chadbag said:

If you were to go to Tokyo, the Yodobashi Camera Akiba store seems to have a lot more train stuff than the Umeda store.

Amazon.co.jp lists the 98604 set, but not the 98605 set, as ones sold by Amazon.co.jp and usually able to be shipped outside Japan.   Unfortunately it shows as not available until June 3, 2018.

I was in the Akihabara Yodobashi Camera the week before, but I didn't notice if they had the the add-on sets in stock. The staff in the Kyoto Yodobashi Camera said the add-ons would be back in production later this year, I asked when I was in there buying spare couplers.... As I said, I was traveling with my friend, so I didn't really have that much time to go overboard with train stuff.... That's the main reason I didn't buy one of the TOMIX full 12 car sets of the E1 Max in original livery.

I just arrived back from Japan yesterday but was unfortunate in finding where the new showroom is 😕 

I was hoping to go but instead went to Popondetta model railway shop in Akihabara and Matsumoto, which was just as good as a whole Tomix shop.

• Densha changed the title to Tomix World

Tomix World will reopen Saturday July 27 close to JR Kanda Station.

https://www.tomixworld.jp/?fbclid=IwAR3HZ0H_wRx89dlHRCrPbPkdJ0Ry_-r3YWE8AjF_w_dT4I2g9jYG-_hxyLs

Address 
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Tokyo 2-7 7 Kanda IK Building 7F 
· Yamanote Line Kanda Station 1 minute walk 
· Sobu Line Shin Nihonbashi Station 5 minutes walk

The Tomix Point Card will be discontinued.

• Like 3

That's a REALLY good location! Though I wouldn't mind travelling to Omiya and looking at the shinkansens on top of the building while I was there but I guess that would never happen now... 

Perhaps the view of this building would be identical, being so near to Toyko station and all? 

Umm, the JR Museum is still in Omiya, if that's what you mean? The old Tomix World was a couple of blocks away from the station with no view of the railway.

6 hours ago, bill937ca said:

Tomix World will reopen Saturday July 27 close to JR Kanda Station.

https://www.tomixworld.jp/?fbclid=IwAR3HZ0H_wRx89dlHRCrPbPkdJ0Ry_-r3YWE8AjF_w_dT4I2g9jYG-_hxyLs

Address 
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Tokyo 2-7 7 Kanda IK Building 7F 

Um, precise address: Kanda IK Building 7F, 2-7-1 Kajimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo (東京都千代田区鍛冶町2丁目7-1 神田IKビル7F)

It's this building (Google Street View): https://goo.gl/maps/9BUAYm2hN7RGAnis9

At the time the street view image was taken, the 7th floor is advertised as being available for rent. Details from a real estate website: https://search.sunfrt.co.jp/floor/8857/32272/

2 hours ago, railsquid said:

Umm, the JR Museum is still in Omiya, if that's what you mean? The old Tomix World was a couple of blocks away from the station with no view of the railway.

aahhh ok I think I got the railway view mixed up with Tomix world haha!

that means another reason to go to Omiya!  🙂

I think Tomix World is heading more in the showroom direction,  with that showroom including several layouts.

• Densha changed the title to Tomix Showroom Tokyo

I have renamed the title of this topic as the shop is now not called Tomix World any more, but Tomix Showroom Tokyo instead.

• Like 1

I saw this photo on facebook... it looks to be the building for the new Tomix World near Kanda? 

FB_IMG_1561991960042.thumb.jpg.02d7a5ec2e9a5be5694b3dcb20458e4b.jpg

• Thanks 1