Train derails after ramming into car near Tokyo, 1 slightly injured

Not sure what they mean by stuck, sometimes a breakdown is just unlucky, or did they not want to drive through the other side, maybe couldn't?  We had one near here where the driver should have been able to get off the track, the intersection is huge, but they panicked when they realized they were on the tracks.  I would hope I would just drive anywhere to get out of they way, but maybe that's just because I've thought about it.  Unfortunately not every drive plays what ifs like this, though they should.

• Like 1

That must have been bad luck, as usually a 10 car train running at about 90-110Km/h would cut through a car like a hot knife through butter.

In this instance instead, the hood of the car probably acted like a ramp for the front car, a relatively light un-motored KuHa, wich then derailed and was pushed by the MoHa motor cars for about 100m until the train stopped.

Meanwhile what is now a grey, metallic mess was probably a Toyota of some kind.

Set involved is No.14 of the 8000 series, assigned to the Odakyu-Ebina depot and manufactured jointly by Kawasaki Heavy, Nippon Sharyo and Tokyu Car in 1986. The derailed unit is KuHa 8564. No other units in this 6+4 car set appear to be damaged.

In 2013, another unlucky 8000 series, set No.11, was struck by a lightning and was badly damaged, altough without injuries to passengers or railwaymens.