How do I build Greenmax Economy Kits?

kokutetsu103

kokutetsu103

Hi, I just got myself a 103 series kit from Greenmax. I also got 4 sets of bogies and a set of pantographs, as specified by the manufacturer. Everything went well when I assembled the kit. However, I ran into a problem while trying to attach the bogie to the car itself.

There appears to be no way to connect the bogie and the car, and I wasn't able to find answers to my problem online. Attached below are the pictures of the bogie and the car.

Thank you for reading this, and any advice or help would be appreciated. This is my first time using a forum, so I apologize for any mistake that o may have made.

Cheers,

kokutetsu103

IMG_20190530_230738.jpg

IMG_20190530_230725.jpg

Welcome kokutetsu!

hmm this bogie has power transfer tabs but the frame does not have the two crescent slots on either side of the bogie pin hole for them to stick thru. With the larger bogie hole in the frame I would suspect the bogie is to be held on with a pressure fit bogie pin, not a screw. The bogie has a big hole which sort of looks like the kind that goes over the snap on kind of bogie pins you see that are mounded on to frames that have two fingers and a gap between them so you can pop the bogie on and off. My guess is it’s not the correct bogie for this frame. Hopefully someone has done one of these.

what is the greenmax product number for the model and bogie?

cheers

jeff

kokutetsu103
22 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Welcome kokutetsu!

hmm this bogie has power transfer tabs but the frame does not have the two crescent slots on either side of the bogie pin hole for them to stick thru. With the larger bogie hole in the frame I would suspect the bogie is to be held on with a pressure fit bogie pin, not a screw. The bogie has a big hole which sort of looks like the kind that goes over the snap on kind of bogie pins you see that are mounded on to frames that have two fingers and a gap between them so you can pop the bogie on and off. My guess is it’s not the correct bogie for this frame. Hopefully someone has done one of these.

what is the greenmax product number for the model and bogie?

cheers

jeff

hi jeff!

the product number for the model is 435, but i wasn't able to find the number for the bogies. The model's box told me to get two pairs of DT33s (product number 5004) and two pairs of TR62s (product number 5029).

22 hours ago, cteno4 said:

My guess is it’s not the correct bogie for this frame.

I think that what you said right there is true. After conducting research on the internet, I found out that parts 5004 and 5029 have some sort of pin that snaps into the frame. In conclusion, I simply got the wrong parts and wasted a ton of money...

Thanks for your help, jeff!

cheers,

kokutetsu103

Edited by kokutetsu103
for that cheers part

Yes the big holes look to be for big plastic pins. The chassis does not have the curved slots as well for the pickups. Hopefully won’t the horrible to get some more bogies. Ship them sal or air to go cheap as possible. May be able to sell off the bother bogies in the classifieds here.

good luck.

jeff

Sorry to hear about your mix up. When I am planning for economy kit I like to use hobbysearch as a checklist for parts.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10495212

They have links for all the optional parts that are for each kit. 

I am working on my 4th greenmax economy kit. It is often difficult to find all the parts for a kit in stock. Sometimes I buy kits in stages knowing ami ami or hobbysearch will eventually get parts in stock. The old motors are typically hard to find. The newer greenmax motors usually need some modification to sit in economy bodies. It is possible to fit tomytec motors but modifying the floor equipment and bogies is time consuming and not something I would recommend.

Nice to see someone else building greenmax. Do share pictures of your finished build.