remarkable japanese buildings

(Ok, only one so far, but hopefully more will follow - added by myself or whoever feels inclined to!)

This is a milk shop - obviously!

The shed to the left once was a WaMu. Also note the inevitable cat!

Unfortunately, I don't know its location, but it should hold no particular difficulties to make a model from these photos alone.

• Like 7
marknewton
7 hours ago, toc36 said:

Mirasaka, Japan.  About 40km NE of Hiroshima

I wasn’t even close! 🙂

Cheers,

!ark.

7 hours ago, MichiK said:

Another one from me (it says "remarkable buildings", but this is actually only about a remarkable detail) -

the shop front of IORI工房:

Simple, yet very clever!

Sorry to be dense.  Even after looking at the tweets (through Twitter translation facility), I don't get it.

I made a quick cardstock prototype of the Osako Gyunyuten "Milk Carton Building".  I'm not sure I got the Kanji quite right.  I don't have that many Japanese font options loaded, so I couldn't exactly match the Kanji.

MilkBuilding.thumb.jpg.715a068e11f51e951c9f48c2abd5e53e.jpg

Edited by maihama eki
  • Like 14
6 hours ago, maihama eki said:

I made a quick cardstock prototype of the Osako Gyunyuten "Milk Carton Building".  I'm not sure I got the Kanji quite right.  I don't have that many Japanese font options loaded, so I couldn't exactly match the Kanji.

Look fine to me, the ones on the original building are quite stylised so probably not normally available as a font anyway.

• Thanks 1