New Zealand Model Railway Show

beakaboy

A couple of videos of a friends NZ120 (TT) scale New Zealand Railways themed modular Layout at Te Awamutu Show on 27/04/19. This has very recently had extension modules added. On the large scratchbuilt bridge side, there is a drop of 1cm in track height on the bridge itself compared to each end of the bridge modules. Not noticeable unless you are close to rail height. This is loosely based on the prototype scene in the middle of the North Island of new Zealand at Horopito.  Dr Yellow (1/150) didn't look too much out of place as the first official test train. 

• Like 5
Pashina12

Love it!

TT is where I got my start into model railways so it'll always be special to me. I looked into TTj (1/120 on 9mm track) but the prices are bonkers.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Pashina12 said:

Love it!

TT is where I got my start into model railways so it'll always be special to me. I looked into TTj (1/120 on 9mm track) but the prices are bonkers.

Most of our chassis are American N scale locos which gives an approximate look for narrow gauge NZ railway locos. Some of the modellers have sanded the details off the bogie sides and glued 3D printed bogie sides on them. 

• Like 1