Thanks Everyone

Jimbo

Jim,

we all here started out not knowing anything and having to learn it as we went along! Always fie to ask questions and learn.

cheers

jeff

The fun is in the process of learning and getting better. I’ve been also flabbergasted by some things here like Climb to Kurama. By the way, what happened to that one?

Martijn Meerts

I've been doing model trains for as long as I can remember, and I'm still mostly out of my league 😄

Just, start small and experiment a lot. Personally, I only really learn something when I try it myself. It's a bit of an expensive learning curve that way, but it does work, and most of the things I buy for testing / experimenting I end up using one way or another in the end.

• Like 2

I started here a view years back, knowing nothing about all this. But I learned a lot from all these great  members here on this Forum.Are they still out of my league? Absolutely. And that's not gonna change as long as I live. There are people here that have devoted their live to Japanese Trains, and are probably in this since childhood, so I wouldn't worry about being out of anybody's league. You are just new to this. That's all.Just ask questions. Lots of questions. People will try to help you, and that's what this forum is for. To help beginners and experienced alike.

• Like 1

I think we are almost all out of our league here...   We grow into better people (in a given area) by hanging out with those who are more advanced than us.

This forum has been invaluable to me for learning about model railroads and more specifically model railroads in Japan.   I started as a total newbie, with no real model railroad experience.

Martijn Meerts

The main advantage of this forum over a lot of other model railroad forums, is that we’re dedicated to a relative niche (outside of Japan) subject, being Japanese trains. This, in my experience, means that people are more like minded and more helpful. Many model railroad forums have people that are really good at certain things, and then refuse to share their knowledge. On JNSForum it seems everyone is happy to share, which I very much appreciate. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No, no, no, it’s mine, mine, all mine I tell you! Give it all back now! 😜 

totally agree Martijn!

cheers

jeff

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, Martijn Meerts said:

The main advantage of this forum over a lot of other model railroad forums, is that we’re dedicated to a relative niche (outside of Japan) subject, being Japanese trains. This, in my experience, means that people are more like minded and more helpful. Many model railroad forums have people that are really good at certain things, and then refuse to share their knowledge. On JNSForum it seems everyone is happy to share, which I very much appreciate. 

I've found this place pretty welcoming as a Japanese rail noob. 🙂

• Like 6