Couple of questions... 485系 and ED77...

Pashina12

Two questions:

1. I'm looking at the Tomix 4-car 485系 set and wondering: are there aftermarket headmarks available for the 485s? I'd want one for the "Aizu" limited express...

2. Has anyone besides MicroAce released an ED77?

There are several headmark sets from Tomix. The (normal) headmark for the Aizu is included in these two:
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10044840

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10043609

The Aizu headmark with the red background/illustration seems to have been sold only as part of the 98961 set.

As for the ED77, it doesn't seem like there have been any except for the Micro Ace models, at least not in recent time.

Edited by Gryphr

I believe tomix makes other headmarks for the 485, also I know kato's comes with a painted but blank headmark so you can make your own.  Dont know about any other ED77s though.

Thanks.

But of *course* something I'm interested in isn't readily available... 😛 but given all the ED77s spent all their lives on the Ban'etsu West Line perhaps it's not surprising there aren't any models from Kato or Tomix...

1 hour ago, Pashina12 said:

Thanks.

But of *course* something I'm interested in isn't readily available... 😛 but given all the ED77s spent all their lives on the Ban'etsu West Line perhaps it's not surprising there aren't any models from Kato or Tomix...

Oh, Pashina, you are back. How is Aizu going?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Khaul said:

Oh, Pashina, you are back. How is Aizu going?

Yes I'm back!

Well, I still haven't started building anything... but lately I've been starting to think of shifting my modelling focus away from the Aizu Line per se, to Aizu-Wakamatsu itself, for more variety of equipment, but we'll see. I'm still researching and reading and whatnot. 

Another question... I've been trying and failing to find out, has there been a model of a 0 series DE10 ever made? I'm only finding 1000 series models...