Japanese train/platform announcements

bill937ca

(Moderator note: split from Here)

Don't know if you can get these in .WAV format, but here they are. I post these in part because I found it difficult to find a dedicated video for station announcements.

This is an Yamanote line announcement.  fatboy-it video.

Drop37458 videos.  Train approaching videos.

• Like 1

(Moderator note: split from Here)

Interesting project! Looking forward to more updates on this!  🙂

I have subscribed to 'Kaigansansei' youtube member's channel for a long time, they have a large library of announcement sounds and departure music which they update pretty regularly in their channel. You can take a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJZ7nPyb0etlihNySTTeVA

Further, you can also download the music from their youtube channel using the various tools available across the internet. Do note about copyright issues but I believe if you are only using for your own layout it shouldn't be a huge problem ~

Cheers!

• Like 2

(Moderator note: split from Here)

On 7/25/2017 at 10:27 AM, bnicolas1987 said:

Hi,

Speaking of announcements, I was wondering if someone know where to find stations announcements for the last night trains in Japan, Akebono, Twilight Express, Hokutosei, Cassiopeia, Sunrise Express and if possible Sakura / Hayabusa and Fuji / Hayabusa.

I think it will be quite easy to find some more actuals announcements like shinkansen Hababusa or so one.

Thank you if you can help me to find them!!!

Cheers.

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas:

You might want to try searching for them in Japanese (トワイライトエクスプレス, あけぼの, 北斗星, カシオペア) on youtube, you might be lucky to find some of them! Add in the phrase '駅アナウンス' or Eki Announce' for station announcement and see what the results yield ~

Here's one for the Twlight Express:

Original Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_qxSN9tD4Q  by  seigen120kaihin

Hope that helps!

(Moderator: thread split from here)

On 4/9/2019 at 11:33 PM, EdF said:

I would love to get some clean announcements!  I have the melodies, but the only announcements I can find are like being on the platform with all the other noises. 

Edited by railsquid
note thread split
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow that is one good sound source! Very clear indeed! I can expect he must be one of those with the long sticks and microphones on the platforms! He even captured those announcements with late arrival trains! Nice indeed ~ 

Though he seems to be located in the Kansai region, a little off my like radar... but nevertheless sweet. 

49 minutes ago, JR 500系 said:

Wow that is one good sound source! Very clear indeed! I can expect he must be one of those with the long sticks and microphones on the platforms! He even captured those announcements with late arrival trains! Nice indeed ~ 

Though he seems to be located in the Kansai region, a little off my like radar... but nevertheless sweet. 

@EdF

The same uploader also has Hakata

This user has a few from Tokyo area. Though his specialty is animations and in-train announcements.

This user has some more JR East (including Tokyo) area announcements

And here are some more announcements in the Tokyo area.

If you want them remixed in a song, that's also possible

Plenty of resources

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1