Modelling Idea

serotta1972

serotta1972

Those with tall buildings on their layout, here's a little detail you can add to it.  I have seen my share of window washers in San Francisco but always on hanging platforms, this was a first.

IMG_8575.thumb.jpeg.9ba4390edccd401d36c2991f3ad3c6d9.jpeg

• Like 7
Martijn Meerts

Before reading the text and just looking at the image real quick, I thought you meant the different coloured rectangles on the building. Only noticed the window washers after reading the text (early in the morning over here ...)

Also, they look more like a SWAT team rather than window washers 😉

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Martijn Meerts said:

Also, they look more like a SWAT team rather than window washers 😉

They"re actually undercover ninjas 😉

• Like 3
serotta1972
7 hours ago, Martijn Meerts said:

I thought you meant the different coloured rectangles on the building.

Actually, that's what caught my eye when I was walking and then saw the 2 dangling people and it became even more interesting.  Those boxes would be a good idea to dress up the front of a building too. 

ChibiNippon
On 4/24/2019 at 12:55 AM, railsquid said:

They"re actually undercover ninjas 😉

They can't be Ninjas - we can see them. But they're Undercover? Is an undercover Ninja visible? I'm so confused.

I will also totally make a bunch of ninjas hiding around my layout now. They'll go nicely with my N-scale anime characters with HO-scale swords.

The ninja's are clearly hidden under the traffic cones.  The window washers are a mere distractions.

It is a very interesting idea that I would not have thought of using as a feature on a building.

Yeah I had though of doing the Kato high rise window washer platform lowered sometime but for just a free rigger guy like that. But I guess that’s what they do for the smaller buildings w,o any big setups or attachment points. I’ve seen platforms that they just bring up on the sidewalks and they just have attachment points on the roof with arms that swing out to let the cables attach so the platform and cables go from building to building. I remember seeing a roof mounted platform on shapeways.

jeff