Kishigawa Sen (to become Wakayama Electric Railway), mostly in the 60s

MichiK

Until just recently I wasn't aware what an adorably cute little railway the Kishigawa line was (and mostly still is), even without cats!

(And this comes from the mouth of the world's second biggest crazy cat man, surpassed only by the great Freddie Mercury himself !!!).

Thank god, I've been enlightened, and not the least by a handfull of blog posts on https://umemado.blogspot.com/search/label/%E5%8D%97%E6%B5%B7%E9%9B%BB%E9%89%84%E8%B2%B4%E5%BF%97%E5%B7%9D%E7%B7%9A (I'm sure, the material on all the other lines is pure gold, too, but for now I'm totally into Kishigawa).

My favourite spots so far:

- Wakayama station, with the tiny Kishigawa line platform coyly attached to the backside where it totally looks out of time and place

- Idakiso station with the workshop area, which is twicw as big as the rest of the station

- the bridges over the Oikeyuen lake, a first class trainspotters' place ever since, in particular during the cherry blossom

The rolling stock? Ab - so -lute - ly love - ly !!!

Then on the other side, Nankai occasionally operated such hotties like the 21201形 on the Kishigawa line, too.

Actually, I'm rather surprised, that aparently noone has built a Kishigawa-themed layout so far (except for the obvious Tama Densha and modernized Kishi station).

Enjoy!

Michi

• Like 4