Tomix N-DU202-CL Problem

Hi folks,

I am new to this forum and would like to ask a question. I have acquired a Tomix N-DU202-

cl controller which is doing everything right, except that the maximum voltage at the feeders does not exceed 6.2 Volts maximum.

A bit too little for my (small) HO scale locos. I thought that feeder output should be 12 volts, so is there anything wrong with it or is there a way to adjust the voltage?

Thanks  for any reply,

Gerry

The obvious question is, what is the voltage across the output terminals of the controller? If it’s normal, then you have a wiring problem. If not, the controller has an issue. 

That is a controller that controls two trains. Generally Tomix controllers do not exceed 12 volts or sometimes achieve 12 volts. (The Tomix N-400 controller is a 9 volt tram controller). I wonder if the 12 volts is split between  the two tracks.  Here is a bit of information in English which says each track should be 12 volts DC.

http://www.newhallstation.com/estore/product_info.php?products_id=1039

Edited by bill937ca
Martijn Meerts

Check your input as well, if you're powering it with an adapter that has less than 12V,the output will never reach 12V either. I have the same issue with a simple Kato controller that came with a 10-ish volt power supply, so the output is around 9V give or take.

• Like 1

Thank you, friends.

I shall have a go on it next weekend, following your advices, and report on how it went.

Gerry