Interior lighting for Fleischmann passenger wagons

gavino200

Does anyone know how to tell which Fleischmann lighting kits fit which Fleischmann passenger wagons? I can't work it out from the Fleischmann site. This is the relevant section.

https://www.fleischmann.de/en/productsearch/0-0-0_1000_0-1-0-0-0-003007_105-1/products.html

I don't actually want to fit the wagons with the Fleischmann units as they're ridiculously expensive. I wan't to work out what size axle wiper is used for electrical pickup, so I can wire in LEDs myself.

All of my Fleischmann wagons are IC or IR wagons from various epochs. Basically like this one below.

https://www.fleischmann.de/en/product/243186-0-0_1000_0-1-0-0-0-003002-1/products.html

A lot of them are quite different inside.  Once we get our DIY board developed and done, I want to attack figuring out a good power pickup system for the Fleischmann (and my Minitrix and Arnold wagons too).  I am betting some of the ones available from laser etched metal sheets like I posted earlier can be adapter for Fleischmann bogies.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, chadbag said:

A lot of them are quite different inside.  Once we get our DIY board developed and done, I want to attack figuring out a good power pickup system for the Fleischmann (and my Minitrix and Arnold wagons too).  I am betting some of the ones available from laser etched metal sheets like I posted earlier can be adapter for Fleischmann bogies.

I agree. It would be nice to know the dimensions. I don't think laser etched cater to or know much about German trains. Looking through youtube it seems there are a few choices for aftermarket lighting. I'm thinking the best fit will be found there.