Help! How to remove driver cab (and seats) from Kato N-scale KiHa 100/110

defor

I'm detailing out my first passenger consists (Kato KiHa 100/110 series), but I've tried prying from every direction and the driver's compartment assembly simply does not want to let go.

Is there somehting I'm missing? it wiggles around very loose like it's not screwed in (and I don't see any screw), But I can't any tabs to release it either, and I'm afraid of prying any harder at this point...

I'm also having issues removing the beige plastic seats piece-I've popped up the 4 clips on each end, but the middle still seems to be held by SOMETHING?

Any suggestions from similar models (or has anyone worked with this specific model?)

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by defor

nevermind- figured out how to remove the cab.
If anyone else comes looking,

1- remove the roof

2- remove the windows

3: remove the light board back cover

4- remove the light board

5 cab assembly can be removed.

Now i just need to figure out how to remove the seat assembly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, defor said:

Now i just need to figure out how to remove the seat assembly

I thought you were going to say "Now I just need to figure out how to put it back together again..."

• Haha 2

Nah, the stupid seat assembly that covers the pickups (or the motor in the M car).. i can't figure that one out...

I also haven't decided if i want to paint the seats yet, but if i do, i dont want to paint them while still attached.

one of my used motor cars though needs some love because it's a bit stiff to get going after it sits unused for a bit, but cant sort out access to the motor.

Ah! Must have missed this thread when it was originally posted.

As described, the light unit/cab usually comes out with a lot of wiggling after you removed everything around it, sometimes in one piece, sometimes each part by itself 😂.

The seat assembly took me a while too back then, since it has some well hidden latches. First remove the small white clip holding down the motor contacts, then release the latchings above the bogies. The plastic pieces that the bogies sit in come kinda loose after this and can be unclipped from the metal frame.

After that take off the underfloor parts group. You should now see some white latches behind where the drive shafts exit the motor housing. Take a pair of tweezers and squeeze the latches together while pushing them upwards, this should release the seat assembly.

Edited by Gryphr

You don' t necessarily need to remove them, but I usually take them off as it's easier to work with less pieces around that could fall off and vanish somewhere :D