Tokyo party problem: Last train on most important line will soon leave almost 30 minutes earlier

It wont change a thing.  People complain about the current timetabled trains not being run late enough.  Personally I think 1am is fine.  But most complainers want to see trains run longer, or never stop.

trainsforever8

I wonder if JR actually has a reason for doing this. Perhaps it's to have more time in the night to begin converting the Yamanote line into a 100% automated line?

The article states that due to nearby construction the storage tracks near the station will be put of service, meaning trains can't be stored nearby.  Seems JR canceled trains which begin or end their late night runs there and would need to use the tracks to wait while not in service.  I assume once the storage tracks are useable again they'll resume trains which end service at this station. 

I suspect it's related to the ongoing eastwards realignment of the Yamanote/Keihin-Tohoku platforms at Shinagawa so the tracks point towards the new Takanawa Katakananame Station.

• Haha 1
On 3/8/2019 at 3:40 AM, railsquid said:

I suspect it's related to the ongoing eastwards realignment of the Yamanote/Keihin-Tohoku platforms at Shinagawa so the tracks point towards the new Takanawa Katakananame Station.

Actually not, it appears the storage siding space is needed by Keikyu as part of the reconstruction of their part of Shinagawa Station to remove the road crossings between there and Kita-Shinagawa.

• Thanks 1