JRF container train publicity videos

bill937ca

I posted this video in another thread but it is worth having its own thread. It is a publicity video with inside the cab scenes the operator pointing and calling, inside tunnel scenes and features a 63.2 kilometer run from Tokyo to Sagami Freight Station in 96 minutes. At the end forklifts are shown unloading containers.

Translated description:

"Journalists and photographers joined the cargo train operated by JR freight. I ran 63.2 kilometers from "Tokyo Currency Terminal Station" to "Sagami Freight Station" in 96 minutes. This "scheduled operation" is an advantage of cargo, and is supported by breath-taking cooperation by a skilled operator and a "maneuver". Combined with the task of forklift pilots deeply loading and unloading containers at the arrival station, they will release the press for the first time. "

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 3

More videos.  These are Hokkaido from Hokkaido newspaper publicity video.

Edited by bill937ca
  • Like 2
Nick_Burman

There used to be a very nice documentary about the Kitami onion train in Hokkaido...sadly I lost the link...

Cheers NB

• Like 1
bikkuri bahn

From my post last year about the first video:

Digest feature of an interesting cab ride aboard EF 210 163 on train 1155 from Tokyo Freight Terminal to Sagami Freight Station in Kanagawa Prefecture.  It starts with 24 cars, dropping off 8 at Kawasaki, another 4 at Hazawa, and continuing on with the remaining 12 to Sagami Freight Station.  Rare footage of freight only tunnels which allow freight trains to bypass the heavily trafficked passenger train routes in the Keihin corridor. 

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/13901-take-a-ride-on-freight-1155-tokyo-to-sagami/?tab=comments#comment-170391

• Like 2