Rural platform extension kit

Sheffie

I need a platform long enough to stop a 2-car EMU, and the rural freight platform isn't enough on its own. So I'm thinking of getting one of the kato 23-131 rural platform extension kits...

KA-23-131_02_md.jpg.037678e562f8484ac750acfc1615b14f.jpg

It comes with two platform pieces, and two lengths of inter-track drainage(?) and a length of fence too.

The thing is, all I really need is one platform piece, with or without the fence... and for that, the price is a bit steep if I go to eBay (and the stores all seem sold out), somewhere around $38.

Is anyone interested in one of these? You don't even need to pay half. I'd like to see the other bit find a home where it will be used—and there is no room on my layout for it—and any reduction in the price would help me justify the purchase.

It looks like the kato rural station series is between productions.  This platform extension set should be about $15, yet the prices are crazily inflated.  Seems it might be worth getting the full set as you get more parts for about the same price.

Thanks for the suggestion, Bill, but I’m hoping to extend an existing Kato rural platform. 

I think I’ll go with Kiha.