Rail Gallery Rokko

cteno4

Wow that's quite a good share!

While the range isn't as massive as HS, there are some really good and rare trains that are still available, like the Hikari Rail Star and I was really amazed to find the 10-814 JR Kyushu 813-200 series till available, which I considered pretty rare!

Good find!

• Like 1

Both KAto and MicroAce versions get restocked on HobbySearch all the time. Maybe every 3 weeks.

Prices are insanely good.  Offsets the poor shipping costs.

Edited by katoftw

They got back to me. they are not offering SAL shipping only EMS, but they hope to add DHL and FedEx here in the near future.

jeff

Ordered something at rokko. Will let the forum know of my experiences. 

P.S.: Too bad they don't sell Tomytec/GreenMax/MicroAce like they do on their regular site.

Edited by Yavianice
Das Steinkopf

The Genbi didn't last long, mind you at that price I can understand why, I purchased one about a year and a half ago from AmiAmi which I gave to my son recently for his 18th birthday and it set me back ¥21,100 back then. 

On 2/22/2019 at 3:22 AM, cteno4 said:

They got back to me. they are not offering SAL shipping only EMS, but they hope to add DHL and FedEx here in the near future.

They will ship SAL if EMS is not possible. They learned it the hard way that not everything can be shipped with EMS.

That’s nice at least they will do that. Usually folks that are EMS only are just that and won’t do it if it has to be sal for the destination. Unfortunately EMS readily arrives here...

jeff

Trying to register but failing.  Registration process wont happen due to failed links.

edit// Account seems to have worked anyway.  Just thought I'd try to log in anyway.

Ordered Kato Koki 106+107 10 car set and Kato Koki 50000 2 car set w/ C20/C21 containers.  I hadn't preordered the 50000s yet for the upcoming re-release.  But since it didn't change shipping costs, I added it in.  Worth it since shipping was 3700 yen.  Luckily they sell at 20% off the non tax amount.

Edited by katoftw

I recieven my item from Rail Gallery Rokko, and they have the best packaging of any Japanese store I bought from. They even add extra foam with each car in the package so it won’t move, which is probably the biggest cause of damage for me.

However it seems they made a mistake adding and declared a 1000+ euro value on the included bill! Fortunately I was able to sort that one out with customs...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got my first delivery also.  Yes packaging is over the top.  I just got Kokis.  Added foam in the finder tip holes of the poly-styrene and about 5cm of wrapping inside a box.  Probably be alright for locos or EMUs with motor and lighting parts.  But for just Kokis, it was overkill.

Their shipping is expensive due to only using EMS, but there items are 5%-10% less than elsewhere.  So no good just buying one 5,000 yen loco.  You probably need to spend around 15,000 yen to offset the higher shipping costs.

Edited by katoftw
  • Thanks 1

How does this 20% off non-tax thing work? is it an automatic discount if your address is outside Japan?

What you pay outside japan is just what the seller lists. They have to get credited back for sales tax already paid at the wholesale if they decide to apply for it to be refunded for forgein sales. Some say the discount amount on their final price to you based on the list price and some say the discount based on list + jst (of course their discount will look bigger for the latter).

what it ends up is what is the final price they will sell you the train at. What they do about taxes and such internally is their own cost of doing business and such and you just decide if the final price is what you are willing to pay.

cheers,

jeff

I meant 10-1432 specifically- they only had one in stock earlier last week- It's no worry- my collection of 106/107's is rather large at this point, and they do go up on Yahoo auctions for not much more expensive.

It seems that DHL shipping is now available. They still have items in stock that are sold out elsewhere, like the Kato 883 Sonic and the Seven Stars in Kyushu.

Their site is really well designed also. I was able to browse it even using an ancient 1st gen iPad.

• Like 1

They have had DHL for a while now. Though for my region, DHL is only about 10% cheaper the EMS.

Was wishing for air mail or ePacket when they announced they were gonna offer a second option. As those are 33% cheaper.

I was surprised to see DHL does not give any insurance with their shipping and it’s 2500¥ for value insurance. 

Wish they would do registered sal...

jeff

There's a full formation Kato THSR 700t available still - quite the bargain at 30,400 JPY given what that model is going for on the secondary market these days.

Hi there,

I'm in Japan and one of the person concerned about RG-Rokko's (mainly for the web system for Int'l). I happened to find this forum and saw some needs of airmail, ePacket, SAL or something like that of cheaper shipping methods. These methods are cheaper though, they're worrying about the item's safety and condition under shipping. RG-Rokko's attitude for Japanese model train is so solid. As some purchasers wrote, their shipping-protection policy is sure and strict.

I can propose RG-Rokko to adopt some other way of cheaper shipping ways, but previously I would like to know... what do you think about their worrying about safety and conditions.

Thank you.