186mm bridge connected to curve

Hayashi

Are there any clearance problems if I place a Kato 186mm double track girder bridge immediately connected to 414/381 curve? I'm concerned with that center girder on the bridge and the flaring of the girder near the ties.

With a 381 minimum radius you should be ok.  I've tried it with a double track truss bridge and the elevated viaduct track and both my kato 0 and 700 series shinkansens made it through alright.

The double track truss bridge did bang a little on my Kato E1 at the top corner on the inside track. Few odd derailments from it.

jeff

I found this was okay running forwards, but in reverse, the roof of my Kato C57 would catch on the girder every time. I’m talking about the corner of the roof immediately above where the driver and engineer should stand (but in this model it’s just the motor).

An S62 between curve and bridge gave enough space for the locomotive to straighten itself out. 

Edited to add: I had this problem with standard R315 curves and a single track bridge. In your case, you might be okay depending on your rolling stock. 

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 1