3D Printing with Your Own Printer

VentureForth

Yes a number of folks here have printers (mainly extrusion I think). 

Here is a post with a lot of 3D printing in of all sorts

cheers

jeff

I have an extrusion printer, but for most N scale objects the quality just isn't there with extrusion for the more detailed parts.  I've used shapeways with varying success, more recently I've been bumming off a friend who has access to a resin printer which does much better for details in such a small scale.

The affordable hobbyist 3D printers don't have the resolution that I would like for n-scale.  That might change in time.

I'm a fan of Shapeways fine detail plastic process.  I've designed and built many of my own items from that process and bought a number of pieces from other people.

3D printing is developing rapidly.  It will be interesting to see where it goes.

I've got a couple of FDM 3d printers that I intended to do a bunch of railroad modelling with. The problem is, I've been out of the loop for a few years and I'd literally forgotten just how small N-Scale was! I suspect that most of the work I want to do will need to be done on a Resin printer, so I've picked up a cheap anycubic photon for the higher detail parts. I'm a few months out from being able to seriously plan a layout, so I have some time to mess around with it.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum matrix!  I've had an anycubic on my wishlist for a while now, be sure to let us know how the prints come out!

Thanks :) I was here years ago, but I've forgotten my old username.

I'll definitely be keeping everyone here updated on my experiments :) I love you guys 😉