Japanese Trains in Lego-ish Form

So, I've been playing this game called Brick Rigs (more than I should) and I've decided I wanted to share some of my work without the world outside of the Steam Workshop.

Brick Rigs is a Lego-like sandbox game that allows you to build pretty much whatever you want. I've made several really nice things, but my recent Japanese trains stand out from the rest.

So here's some pictures from within the editor:

KoKi 104

unknown.png

unknown.png

It's too short (can only fit four containers) and is missing the steps at the end, but it looks fairly nice considering.

OHaFu 12/3

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

You'd be surprised at how difficult it was to get the conductors' cab at the one end. I have a non-Fu version, but I messed up the proportions pretty badly. Nothing with a generator under it yet.

A pair of ED79s

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

These are too tall for their width and are missing a vent in the middle, but otherwise look alright.

And a work-in-progress DD51 in the Hokutosei livery. Don't know how I'll make the star yet, but the proportions are way better than my previous things.

unknown.png

unknown.png

The fans do spin on that one.

All of these do something called "clipping". Basically, one can place bricks inside of each other to create the illusion of having something that doesn't exist, or to cover a hole. The locomotives are both over 1000 pieces and would probably be very expensive to build...

And because the thread is now here, have a Russel Snow plow since it looks fairly good even though it's not Japanese.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

If anyone would like information on the game or the items shown, I can provide links.

• Like 3

Those look great! I have seen many different variants of the various EMUs (313s, 231s, 233s etc) in youtube but I haven't come across much locomotives and coaches! Interesting! 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Socimi said:

sreen.thumb.png.4d475e3aa31cee14d56b907c1fbb8cd5.png

I can't see the images.

It could be a glitch on your end. I used links and maybe they didn't load right.

1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

Those look great! I have seen many different variants of the various EMUs (313s, 231s, 233s etc) in youtube but I haven't come across much locomotives and coaches! Interesting! 

So far, I'm the only one to be uploading Japanese prototypes for this game. If I could actually build these out of real Lego, I would.

Hugh, odd that it’s turning the links into unknown.png. Things are working well.

Let us know if this persists socimi and we can look into it. They are resolving fine here. Do you have any other devices to see if the images resplvemfor you?

jeff

1 hour ago, cteno4 said:

Hugh, odd that it’s turning the links into unknown.png. Things are working well.

Let us know if this persists socimi and we can look into it. They are resolving fine here. Do you have any other devices to see if the images resplvemfor you?

jeff

Now it works, thanks.

They did not show up neither on my PC or my phone. 

Edited by Socimi

Hmm that’s odd. They worked here fine on the iPad for me since Garrett posted them. Images uploaded to the forum are now stored on a separate amazon s3 server to give us some more space and better loading times. At the same time did you not see pictures in other posts or just Garrett’s?

jeff

The problem was only with that very specific post, it never happened before.

Edited by Socimi

Just wondering when you saw this post with the broken images did you look at any other posts with uploaded images to see if they were doing the same thing at that point. may have been for a breif the image server was not resolving images to you there. 

jeff

Corrected KoKi 104.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edit:

Loaded with 19D containers. Don't have the right colour for them available, so I used the closest I could get.

unknown.png

Edited by GDorsett

More loaded cars with some probably poorly painted tanks.

unknown.png

unknown.png

If anyone knows the correct paint for the tanks, please share. Could not find anything other than ISO tanks on Google Images, so I probably wasn't using the right search terms.

Edited by GDorsett
  • Like 1

Possible, although unlikely. Will see what I can do.

And this actually isn't the LDD. This is a videogame called Brick Rigs.

Edited by GDorsett
2 hours ago, JR 500系 said:

Would we be able to see a Seven Stars Cruise train soon?  😛

Does it use normal 24 Series coach bodies?