Crash Trains

I'm putting this here as it doesn't really fit with standard model railroading. We picked up a couple of lowest price trains at the local train show today to use as crash trains. I'm going to reverse the wiring on one of them so we play "Train Jousting with them. I'm not sure is this is a "correct" thing to do with model trains but I think it'll be fun.

The "Corning Glass Co." car and the Street car are keepers. Only the locos are for smashing.

2feJDKX.jpg?1

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 3

I'm going to try to find a higher voltage power supply to juice it up a bit, but here's a little taste of today's joust. We're also going to remove the front couplers to get a more direct smash.

The contenders:

My rig "The ant". 

aOmz8VI.jpg

The boy's loco.

oDV98lB.jpg

Edited by gavino200
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just like the old loco crash events, get investors and go for spectators and souvenirs! 

Btw my great grandfather went to one of the old steam loco crashes back in the teens. He purchased a photo of the event and I think that cost him like twice his admission fare which was not cheap! Entertainment before talkies and tv...

jeff

• Like 3

I wish I had taken pictures of all the good crack ups we have had on the JRM layout over the years! Some were spectacular! Maybe I should put one of those dash cams on the layout to record the live carnage!

jeff

• Like 2