Kiso Forest Railway

rogerfarnworth

Martijn Meerts

I've seen most of the posts already, I noticed the newer ones were linked to from the older ones already 😉

I'm currently checking out the possibility of adding basically a 2nd deck on top of my N-scale layout, and use that for a forest layout. So if you ever feel like coming up with some track plans, or interesting track configurations, feel free to do so 😄

rogerfarnworth

Yes Martijn, these are the ones on my blog. If you feel I should not copy them here I understand.

Martijn Meerts

Feel free to post them, they're very interesting, and a great inspiration, not just for forest railways, but also for architecture and general landscaping from the past. It's also great to read about it rather than just see the pictures.

It's inspired me enough that I've been tempted to order the tools and fixtures I need to hand lay track for my project, even though I don't even really have much of an idea of what I want to do, or even how much space I'm going to have for it. I need to wait a few more weeks though before ordering anything. And so far, I only have 1 H0e loco (a Kiso Forest Baldwin), and 1 H0j loco, so it's not like I have a ton of rolling stock 😄

rogerfarnworth

The Kiso Forest Railways - Part D

Further South down the Kiso River is the town of Nojiri. There was a significant network of 762mm railways in its immediate vicinity and in the Atera River Valley. The Nojiri Forest Railways are covered in this next post.

http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/02/25/japanese-narrow-gauge-762mm-lines-part-5-the-kiso-railway-part-d-the-atera-valley-and-the-nojiri-forest-railway

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts

The video in that latest post is really nice!

I ended up ordering a bunch of stuff to get started with hand laying track and building turnouts in H0j and H0e scales, so hopefully pretty soon I'll be experimenting with that, and then start working on an idea for a layout inspired by the Kiso Forest. 

• Like 1