rogerfarnworth

Kiso Forest Railway

rogerfarnworth

I have been trying to find out more about the Kiso Forest Railways and I have seen quite a few references to it in the modelling parts of the forum.

I am hoping to find a map if the network somewhere and perhaps find out some websites which give a little more than a general history. I can use translation software if the sites are Japanese.

Does anyone have some pearls of wisdom?

Best wishes

Roger

rogerfarnworth

Thank you, much appreciated.

Searching using English text only really produced the Wikipedia article and variants of it and the tourist website for the short narrow gauge railway still in use.

rogerfarnworth

Am I right is assuming that some of the lines in the forest had more than one name? I have no knowledge of Japanese, so it just might be that I am misunderstanding things. Is the Ogawa Line the same as the Owataki Line and is that the same as the Otaki Line? Sorry for my lack of understanding.

rogerfarnworth

I seem to have worked things out a bit now. It looks as though the Otaki Forest Railway ran north from Agematsu and the Ogawa Forest Railway ran south from the point where the Otaki Line crossed the Kiso River.

Edited by rogerfarnworth