Unitrack insulator with power?

chadbag

Does anyone have any ideas on an insulating unitrack connector that insulates, but is not totally plastic?  I would like to connect power feeder wires to one side, but still have the connection between tracks be insulated.  I want to provide feeds on the frog side of a switch and still be able to isolate the switch (for occupancy detection).

Conceptually, like having an insulating connector on one side and a regular connector on the other side of a single unitrack connector.

Sounds like it’s going to get fiddle. You could try the old trick of shoving the stripped wire between rail and joiner on one side, but I can’t remember if the insulating unijoiner has a full bottom to it to do this.

also easy to make feeder tracks by just dremeling out a small slot under the rails thru the plastic roadbed and soldering to the bottom of the rails. The. A dab of epoxy over it and It’s super solid.

jeff

18 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

also easy to make feeder tracks by just dremeling out a small slot under the rails thru the plastic roadbed and soldering to the bottom of the rails. The. A dab of epoxy over it and It’s super solid.

Yeah, I'd rather not screw around with the switches.  If it were a feed track alone then no problem.  But I don't want to have to insert extra track into the switch track section (multiple switches) and I want to be able to configure it.

One thing I might play around with is I bought some of the KATO 24-811 insulated joiners (that look to go into a normal connector body).  Might be able to do something with that and a wire.

Have to wait until they arrive.  They were an add-on to the order for that cleaning car I posted about and ordered.