Kato Tram & Unitram - Preorder

to2leo

The silver is quite striking with those orange door openings. amazing how that one small stripe of color on the door frame makes the whole model pop a lot more than the tomytec version w/o the stripe! going to have to do some pinstriping on mine!

ha mia colpa, i had just looked at an old picture of the tomytec at an angle that didnt show it well, but when i looked at my one in the box it has the pin stripes, but they are very very dim and more gold colored. i think i may spice them up a bit as that picture of the kato with the bolder line really made it pop nicely!

cheers

jeff

Did anyone else notice the person in a wheel chair at the Centram platform? Intentional because they're low floor, or just because that set of figures is also new?

David,

good catch i missed that, didnt scroll over far enough! i dont think there is an n scale wheelchair yet, i remember looking a while back for some reason. at the time i tough of slapping some wheels onto a faller chair to make one. you would figure woodland scenics would have done one, but they aint!

too bad tomytec didnt pick up on this or maybe the will with and injured and disabled set of 12 figures.

cheers

jeff

David,

good catch i missed that, didnt scroll over far enough! i dont think there is an n scale wheelchair yet, i remember looking a while back for some reason. at the time i tough of slapping some wheels onto a faller chair to make one. you would figure woodland scenics would have done one, but they aint!

too bad tomytec didnt pick up on this or maybe the will with and injured and disabled set of 12 figures.

cheers

jeff

I think the wheel chair figure is from Kato's new senior citizen set.

yes it is oversized, but the tomytec is underwhelming and really not visible at a couple of feet. at times with scale issues like this need to be exaggerated a tad to make things pop some. im happy to tune mine up some.

cheers

jeff

Dang, i had like 10 trips to albuquerque in the last year and never realized wig-wag was based there! nutz, looks like no more trips there for now! wig-wag is good i have done some odd preorders with them in the past and always came through.

cheers

jeff

I love Wig Wag too though the service response is declining.  Guess they need to hire more ppl but that would increase the cost...

BTW Kato has just released a special Portram aside from Yellow and Purple to be out in April and beyond.

The Green wrapping decal is from an Eco campaign during Nov-Dec 2009.

First picture is from J-鉄道部 blog

toyama3.jpg

post-60-13569927868171_thumb.jpg

post-60-13569927868494_thumb.jpg

Oh groan, i need another portram like a hole in my head but they had to go and do a painted one!!!! maybe ill sell another one off...

btw i think wig wag took over another store that closed last year and there were report on them being swamped trying to merge the stores and fulfill many of the pre-orders the other store had taken. what a nightmare to deal with someone else's process, history, etc!

cheers

jeff

Oh groan, i need another portram like a hole in my head but they had to go and do a painted one!!!! maybe ill sell another one off...

btw i think wig wag took over another store that closed last year and there were report on them being swamped trying to merge the stores and fulfill many of the pre-orders the other store had taken. what a nightmare to deal with someone else's process, history, etc!

cheers

jeff

I'm on the same bus. I really don't want to add Portrams (more money, loss of focus), but the painted version makes it hard.

marknewton

Go the mighty Manyosen!!!  :laugh:

It's getting harder and harder for me to stay away from N scale.

Cheers,

Mark.

The red colour scheme reminds me of London Transport.

Also, since the pictures are out, here are the upcoming Unitram sets of V51, V52 and V53.

I cannot wait to get all 3 of them!

post-60-13569928162645_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

HS has the prices out.

V51 11900 yen cross-over set

V52 7225 yen straight extension (looks like it has a set of short straight section but if it is purely for length wise, I think V54 has a better deal at 3330 yen each?)

V53 8075 yen railway extension

Guest Closed Account 1

The red colour scheme reminds me of London Transport.

Also, since the pictures are out, here are the upcoming Unitram sets of V51, V52 and V53.

I cannot wait to get all 3 of them!

Oh I posted these in the new products unitram crossover thread.

Got 2 each reserved but, probably going to wait for right lane markings.