New Pro Hobby Construction Set

Frist Pro Hobby construction set is due out in October here

5 different vehicles (10 items in a case and two colors on each model)

consists of:

Crane (boom in extened and a folded drop boom and also has rail wheels for use on rail!)

Snow Blower truck

Road Roller

Street cleaner (with hinging dump container)

heavy duty fork lift

look like the same sort of electric plastic colors, not painted, but moulded colors

hobbysearch $68 (case of 10)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10096570

unfortunately hobby world has not been carrying the pro-hobby construction series.

cheers

jeff

HobbyWorld just added this to Pre-order for $64 and you can do sal shipping to bring the cost way down (last maruka construction set cost $34 ems shipping!)

https://www.hwjapan.com/sh/fus2009101501.aspx

for some odd reason hw has the list at 8160yen, but hs has it at 6800. maybe a change in the release price? maybe hs gets the lower price getting in earlier on this. but with hw usual great pre-order price it still works out cheaper!

tomytec is starting a construction line as well, good grief charley brown!

cheers

jeff

Aah. It's from the same company that makes those awesome Caramel Nine 2-axle diesels! I gotta get me one of those for switching purposes!

It will be interesting to see what tomytec comes out with when it gets to its announced construction series! I am really hoping they come in with much less plastic looking vehicles than maruka, Platz and now prohobby have. They did a great job when they drove bandai out of the vehicle market. will be interesting to see. if they are great ill have to start getting rid of all the ones i have collected to this point!

lots of picts up on hobbysearch now

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10096570a6/20/6

cheers

jeff

With all the talk about the Construction Sets, it's given me an idea. If for some reason I can't complete a project I'm working on, would it be alright to pull out a Construction Set, put it on the layout and have a little sign stating "Construction taken over by Local Teamsters Union #17" with N scale men in hardhats drinking coffee?

http://www.rocousa.com/DETAIL.ASP?PRODUCT_ID=PR10338 (wrong scale but this is what I envision)

LOL, I see a strike going on as well! could even tip a crane over and put out all your emergency vehicles as well!

hey on jrm layout we have godzilla so we need a lot of construction vehicles/sites!

cheers

jeff

On a closer look at the new hobbysearch pictures, one of the prohobby flyers has diagrams (with translations) on points of mobllity. looks like these will have a lot of moving points, like the fork lift wheel steering! on the crane boom arm they say "boom top and bottom is movable" whick i hope means it telescopes, but i fear it is like the maruka and platz where they just give you an extended and stored configurations of the boom. all the pictures show it either all the way extended or stored. from the looks of the extended paint job it looks like its a one piece mould though. we can hope.

i was searching for brass rectangular cross section tubing that would telescope to perhaps make a telescoping crane boom, but unfortunately most of the small stuff does not nest properly with their cross sections. i have a great set of round and square tubing that nests wonderfully and some fun little projects underway with that, but no rectangular alas.

cheers

jeff

On a closer look at the new hobbysearch pictures, one of the prohobby flyers has diagrams (with translations) on points of mobility. looks like these will have a lot of moving points, like the fork lift wheel steering! on the crane boom arm they say "boom top and bottom is movable" whick i hope means it telescopes, but i fear it is like the maruka and platz where they just give you an extended and stored configurations of the boom. all the pictures show it either all the way extended or stored. from the looks of the extended paint job it looks like its a one piece mould though. we can hope.

i was searching for brass rectangular cross section tubing that would telescope to perhaps make a telescoping crane boom, but unfortunately most of the small stuff does not nest properly with their cross sections. i have a great set of round and square tubing that nests wonderfully and some fun little projects underway with that, but no rectangular alas.

cheers

jeff