Japanese Model Rail shop in Hong Kong

tridentalx

Hi all,

Just back from Hong Kong where I happened across a model shop I haven't seen before (and I don't recall being mentioned) so just posting here in case anybody is in the area and wants to take a look.

It is called Beanbean and is in the Apple Mall close to Tin Hau MTR station. Shown here on Google Maps

Unfortunately it was closed when I passed and I was in a rush so wasn't able to check prices in detail. The Kato Ratische Bahn set was about £85GBP which i thought was reasonable. Looks like it could be a second-hand seller. 

IMG_5412_1.jpg

I was in Hong Kong a few days ago and popped into this place. The owner wasn't the most welcoming (could see me looking in the window and didn't react) but I thought prices were actually pretty reasonable and a decent selection for such a tiny shop! If you're in the area it's worth a visit but I wouldn't go out of my way.

• Thanks 1
On 2/20/2019 at 5:56 AM, matt_d10 said:

I was in Hong Kong a few days ago and popped into this place. The owner wasn't the most welcoming (could see me looking in the window and didn't react) but I thought prices were actually pretty reasonable and a decent selection for such a tiny shop! If you're in the area it's worth a visit but I wouldn't go out of my way.

The owner of the shop is actually quite a friendly guy. This shop is actually his side project. From what i know, he goes to Japan occasionally to look for rare items. 

When i was new to train modelling, he always answered my questions. Price is a little bit steep compared to amazon or other online shops but I guess it's because of the rent in Hong Kong. He does have an online shop according to my knowledge.