Fukuoka Station

Pauljag900

Wow! Cheers gents๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€I thought I d get criticised as itโ€™s not very realistic, I knew that but the effect is what I was looking for and thatโ€™s why I posted the pics,I m blown away by the comments,thank you.

ย 

just for the record itโ€™s version 6.1 ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Martijn Meerts

Prototypical or not, as long as it looks good, it's all fine. And it's your layout, so do with it what you want ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

Also, you still need to come to the Netherlands and build my layout ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

• Like 1

Cheers martijn,thatโ€™s exactly what I was thinking,it was the overall effect I was more intrested in.

i ve just got this thing about night time running,it just has a completely diferent feel and look to it and I love it.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€

we ll get something sorted soon mate,๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚I m glad and flattered you think I could build one for you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰

Gents,

appologies for having been missing for a while,I will explain better in a future post but basicallyย health issues ( nothing serious)have meant that I have to get rid of my N gauge trains and switch to a larger scale.

It wo nt be Japanese due to the availability of Items.

This is a brilliant forum and do nt want to leave it so ย i ve spoken to Jeff who is happy for me to carry on posting under a new thread.

All will be revealed in the new year.

Like I said,itโ€™s a brilliant forum and I d like to wish you all and your families a very merry Xmas,

merry Xmas everyone,

regards,

Paul

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
Das Steinkopf

Nice to see you haven't skipped town and given the hobby up, I was a bit concerned when I saw that you N Scale collection was up for sale a couple of months back on one of the Facebook groups.

• Like 1

Hi gents,

as I previously mentioned I ve had to give up with N scale due to arthritis in my hands,day to day living is not an issue but handling the small parts causes a lot of pain particularly in my thumb joints and when I managed to completely wreck a locco trying to put it back together I decided it was probably time to go to a bigger scale.I thought long and hard before I finally made the decision to switch to G scale!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

It will eventually run into the garden around a small rockery bu for now it will live in my shed.

i m calling it โ€œRed River Stationโ€ for no reason other than thatโ€™s the name of the station building.

I re vamped the original baseboards and I d bought a few bits and bobs for it but was planning on doing it later this year but I was fortunate enough to get two basic sets and some buildings from my family at Xmas.I bought a few bits of track and set it upI ve done a bit of scenic work using the stuff I had already,however I may be changing it to elevate the tracks, thatโ€™s not like me I know๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I m not posting anything else here but will start a new thread called red river station.

It wo nt be Japanese due to the availability of the items,or rather lack of it,it will be loosely based on a small American town,tho one of the trains is german,unfortunately the sets with sound and steam come like that.

I ve spoken to Jeff who said it would be ok to stay a member and to post under a new thread,however,I appreciate this is largely a Japanese forum and would nt want to offend anybody so if anyone objects please let me know and I ll remove the posts.

thanks,

paul

• Like 5

Wev've got a couple of non-Japanese layouts floating around, personally I don't see any problem, sounds like an interesting project!

• Like 2
Martijn Meerts

Shame about the N stuff, but hey, if you ever feel like doing some N stuff again, feel free to come visit and build my layout ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

• Haha 1

Paul,ย 

ย 

with all the iterations of your layout you did you are grandfathered into the forum! It will be fun to see something different and you go at your layouts with such zeal, itโ€™s good for it to rub off on the rest of us,

ย 

sorry about the hands, not fun, but good decision to roll with it and still play with trains.

ย 

cheers

ย 

jeff

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to learning about G-scale. Been thinking of running a some G trains through the woods behind my house with a camera onboard, so I can look at the wild critters.ย 

• Like 1
JR 500็ณป

Sorry to hear about your condition Paul... Great to hear that the train spirit did not die down!

ย 

No worries with posting non Japanese train stuff, so long they are in the correct threads ~

ย 

Knowing your skill, I bet the G scale layout will be as good, if not better, than your N scale Fukuoka layout!

ย 

Cheers mate! ย 

• Like 1
On 1/14/2020 at 12:31 AM, gavino200 said:

I'm looking forward to learning about G-scale. Been thinking of running a some G trains through the woods behind my house with a camera onboard, so I can look at the wild critters.ย 

that would be so cool Gavin, unfortunately mine will only be around a small rockery about 18โ€™x8โ€™ that runs alongside the shed.

we cleared it out this year as it needed doing anyway and put some hardcore down ready.

1AE8026F-0D02-4EEB-9659-DCC61E732B25.thumb.jpeg.ba7710aa76991ed5e064bdbb41361696.jpeg525DC8C0-CDFC-4DF6-816E-B1673D23A367.thumb.jpeg.5299ec2c497524dd50301cdcee3b36bd.jpeg

ย 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Pauljag900 said:

that would be so cool Gavin, unfortunately mine will only be around a small rockery about 18โ€™x8โ€™ that runs alongside the shed.

we cleared it out this year as it needed doing anyway and put some hardcore down ready.

1AE8026F-0D02-4EEB-9659-DCC61E732B25.thumb.jpeg.ba7710aa76991ed5e064bdbb41361696.jpeg525DC8C0-CDFC-4DF6-816E-B1673D23A367.thumb.jpeg.5299ec2c497524dd50301cdcee3b36bd.jpeg

ย 

Cool. I hope you document the process with pearls and pitfalls. Iโ€™m looking forward to getting my learn on.

• Haha 1
On 1/13/2020 at 7:31 PM, gavino200 said:

ย 

Let me know if you have any questions, I grew up with LGB, Aristo, and USA trains. Own a decent collection of LGB RhB today, but my father stayed with the US RRs.

Edited by POLO