Blue suicide prevention station lights

Holy cow that is a huge confidence interval.  Which means a huge uncertainty in the finding.  But that aside, they are in place on the entire Yamanote line, maybe I can put blue filters over the lights in my platforms.

It’s possible, based on this article, that the lights won’t catch on, and they may not remain a feature of the line they’re currently installed on... so I’d be conservative with the blue lights for now. Filters can always be removed in future, though, so they should be fine 

I agree with the Confidence Interval. Makes the statistics seem unreasonable. My wife is way deep into CI, p values, and Chronbach's alpha. Not planning to share that article with her. However, from a model railroading concept, some blue lights at either end of a viaduct station would certainly provide for some intriguing discussions with layout observers.

This sounds like a case of correlation =/= causation. Over the same ten year period there has been vast improvements in mental health treatment in Japan and a reduction in the stigma attached to it. That likely accounts for the decrease in suicides more so than light. Also moreso than light the color of walls can affect moods, there's a reason hospitals are painted dull colors.