Various Kato extension cords

Kiran

Slightly confused with the various extension cords available.

24-825 DC Extension cord: I am using this to extend the track feeder. I am guessing this is the blue cord

24-826 AC extension cord: What is this used for?

24-841 Turnout Extension Cord: Using it to connect turnouts to turnout switches. I think this is red.

Silly question but can I use 24-825 and 24-841 interchangeably?

Also, what is the difference between AC extension cord (24-826) and turnout extension cord (24-841)?

According to New Hall Station, 84-825 is blue/white and can be used to extend track power or turnout switches.

Judging by online photos, 84-826 looks like it could be used for anything you want (assuming the plugs fit). Judging by the name it sounds like it's meant to extend the high voltage input to the power supply rather than the output, but it doesn't look particularly heavy duty, and I don't see why Kato would be in the business of competing with mainstream electrical suppliers.

According to Amazon customer reviews, the 24-841 can also be used to extend either the power pack supply or the turnout power.

At the end of the day, wires are wires. As long as they are thick enough and well insulated enough, you can use them however you like. And it looks like the 24-825 and 24-841 are near enough in specifications and requirements that they can be used interchangeably, yes.

AC stands for accessory, not alternating current.

It is a little confusing. The ac cord is for the accessories like signals.

I'm sure all cords are interchangible.

• Like 1

It just to keep all the cables a standard colour.

Blue/white track feeds  24-825

Green/White accessory feeds 24-826

Red/Black trun out switches 24-841

I'm sure I once saw another version of the 3-way extention in Red/Black as well, instead of the normal Blue/white. But for the life of me I can't rememeber where and I never saw them again.

So I use the standard ones to switch 2 points at the same time. Because they are interchangable