Kato viaduct track over platform

Hayashi

I thought I read a post recently (can't find it now) that stated one could place Kato viaduct track directly on top of a platform. Does that concept work. My current plan (posted earlier) has a shinkansen viaduct passing over a commuter "station." No buildings, just platforms. Is it viable to use viaduct track and pre-cast piers in this manner? Does it look okay?

42 minutes ago, Hayashi said:

I thought I read a post recently (can't find it now) that stated one could place Kato viaduct track directly on top of a platform. Does that concept work. My current plan (posted earlier) has a shinkansen viaduct passing over a commuter "station." No buildings, just platforms. Is it viable to use viaduct track and pre-cast piers in this manner? Does it look okay?

Do you mean removing the canopy roof from a Kato covered platform, and using the yellow plastic support poles to hold up a double viaduct section instead? Technically that could probably be done as the heights and widths are almost identical to the Kato double viaduct support pieces. Personally, I don't think it would look right. The platform supports are thin "metal" beams and not designed to hold much weight. The viaduct, on the other hand is would be heavy an is supported by more massive concrete columns. The viaduct sitting on top of the thin platform beams might look a bit hard to believe. 

Or am I understanding you incorrectly?

I did it at right angles on my layout. It would be possible to blend the posts in better than what I did. It's strong enough for the layout, but not very prototypical. But as it is hidden by platform canopies. I can live with it.

http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic/10881-time-to-restart-and-get-myself-in-gear/

post-3115-0-58554400-1463948048_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drunkenclam
Additional line

gavino200 is close. Apologies for not describing completely. I meant a double viaduct track running parallel to and directly over a station platform. The canopies removed from the platform. The viaduct is supported by pre-cast piers (23-020). I hope the image helps.

Viaduct track over platform.png