Items stuck in Germany!!

Sascha

I don't know if this is the right forum, so forgive me if its not. This never happened to me, so I'm kinda lost.I send out two Trains on December 3rd 2018 and it says (LH051530736US)that they departed Frankfurt on December 11th.They are going both to different addresses, but as of right now neither arrived. Any tips what I could do about it, or should I wait a little longer?

13 hours ago, Ochanomizu said:

Hello,

Where are they going?

One is going to Heusweiler and the other one is going to Nöda in Thueringen!!

Sacha,

i think your only option from your end is start with the USPS. I don’t know if your recipients can inquire on the German side with the tracking info. Also wonder if it’s stuck in customs. That bit is out of the postal system hands some here and probably in Germany.

since it’s been a month in Germany it would be good to start something with USPS from your end.

perhaps some German members can add to experiences in German customs of small private packages like this.

jeff

• Like 1
scotspensioner

If it's any help,the weather in Germany has been horrendous.A train parked at Berchtesgarten station was buried up to mid window level 

Edited by scotspensioner
Amendment to
  • Like 1

Looks like this is considered registered mail and thus is handled by Deutsche Post instead of DHL, as DHL doesn't know this tracking number but Deutsche Post does (check https://www.deutschepost.de/sendung/simpleQuery.html )

Current status is "Nicht-EU-Sendung - Vorprüfung zur Einfuhr". So basically preparation for customs clearance. For non-express shipments it's not uncommon to be stuck in customs for up to four weeks. Add the usual mail chaos during the holidays into the whole thing and six weeks might not be unusual for your shipment.

• Like 1

Yup, What suica said.

Requesting a tracker does nothing. German Mail can’t do anything as it is out of their hands. And most likely it will not be forwarded since you probably did not include a bill with the customs declaration on the outside so they will need to pick it up themselves from the customs office, if it isn’t seized or sent back.

You can only wait I’m afraid.

Thanks for the info guys. A friend from my German FB page told me that he had a train coming from San Fransisco on the 30 November, and it arrived yesterday, so hopefully its just a delay!!