kato overhead double truss bridge

EF57

Hey how do I get the superstructure off so I can clean the rails?  Unscrewing the screws underneath makes no difference, it’s still firmly clipped on and I don’t want to break anything.  Thanks in advance!

I don't have the Kato bridge, but I am guessing it is the same as the Tomix.  There are 2 screws to hold the rail in place at the bottom of the bridge structure. After releasing the screws, simply push the rail to either end and let it slide out of the holding clip at the end of the bridge that is holding the rail in place ~ 

That's the procedure for the Tomix though, if anyone would confirm if it is the same for the Kato would be great ~

Also, that seems to be the best and most effective way to surely clean those rails clean... The track cleaner works too I guess, but often only to a certain degree... Being able to totally clean the rail alone is the best and most ideal solution ~

Edited by JR 500系

There is a good video on how to disassemble a Kato truss bridge at 

It also shows how to make a Deck Warren Truss bridge by reversing the truss  by fastening it to the bottom of the track deck.

Edited by cteno4
Fixed youtube embed
  • Like 2

Thank you, problem solved.  It is strange though.  On pulling the truss off you first think something’s going to break and then it suddenly pops off perfectly!