T Trak Station Build

EdF

The shoes as kato calls them appear to be meant to be press fit between the webs of the parallel rails in the roof or floor, so they get installed the same way for both locations.  

4 hours ago, EdF said:

Ok, 4 lights per here once I can upload.

20190208_133824.jpg

Very nice. What fits into the empty rectangles on the platforms?

I saw something in RM models that the track inside these platforms is essentially HO unitrack. Pretty innovative design using something they already make, be it without the molded ballast shoulder.

This was it setup this weekend for our open house.  Not a lot of buildings, next up is a 2" foam riser for most of the central space, then I'll star in earnest on buildings, and another monorail set, in a different paint maybe.  And I really hope tomytec rereleases the basic intersections.

51552684_2140582992654911_2250950977823703040_n.jpg

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, gavino200 said:

Is that a powered monorail? It looks awesome!

No,  but it could be with some work, the nscale disney monorail method would work, but then scratch building track, and probably a huge radius.  Just adding another layer into the design.  With this one I can start planning the street and building locations.

• Like 1

Hey nice building! 😜 good to get out and do the show.

Yeah it would be a chore. The Disney train chap did publish the 3D print docs to make the chassis and list of parts! The radiuses would need to be large.

I’ve womdered if running a string along the side of the rail in small U trough to pull it back and forth in a long scene and have stations it pulls into at each end.

cheers

jeff

Point to point would be great, but as I am doing this on T-Trak and I want setup to be easy and mostly put in place at the show, not permanently mounted, I'll put this way on the back burner unless someone at the club wants to tackle it.

Yeah it’s not an easy thing to engineer and does sort of need a larger run. Would be fun to do track with the mono rails along the back even for just show. Mmmm have to think about that, finally a use maybe for the monorail kit up on the shelf! 

Jeff

Hmm wonder if he tried that out. I’m not sure a t gauge mech could drag a monorail coach. Also getting the wheels on the rail could be challenging.

The Disney mech was good in that it used a rubber roller on the top of the rail so a lot of traction. But his approach was to use batteries and rc for control. Providing power might work with nickel silver strips along the sides of the rail and wiper contacts. 

Any approach is going to be quite a project! 

Jeff

6 hours ago, cteno4 said:

Were the bench seats pre painted multicolored? Really nice!

jeff

No I painted them with some craft acrylic paint I had around.  Nice thing about getting older, my 0-1ft vision is awesome right now.  Of course in 2 years it's bifocals probably. 

Edited by EdF

Cool, like the gloss it came out with, just like those glossy plastic/fiberglass seats! 

Yep I now do the bifocals for the small work. I have one pair that’s just up close focus but are those half glasses you ca look over the top of to look at everything else on the bench.

jeff

New DCC box

20190503_180246.jpg

Still need to do the power for the pm42, and the powerpole mounts to the outside, oh and how to do a hinged top.

Edited by EdF
  • Like 1