Greenmax Kit 424 Tokyo 7000 series

Andrew G

Hello Folks,

I searching for what appears to be a now out of production Greenmax kit, No 424 - Tokyo 7000 series EMU. See:

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/mid-9/1m-greenmax424/

They closely resemble this Australian prototype that was based on a Hitachi design.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitachi_(Australian_train)

I'm planning to slice & splice it down to Bandai B train shorty status so if anyone has an old one hey no longer need I may be intersted in purchsing it. If already made up it will need to have the front that matches the Melbourne Hitachi.

Thanks for any suggestions. Cheers Andrew G of Auz.

Hello katoftw,

Thank you for your offer of the relevant GreenMax kit. The kit front that I would use is the one shown in the attached cropped version of your photo. Sadly I'm not needing to purchase  the chassis etc as I intend to make a B Train Shorty version out of it. Also, your Frankston line travels would have almost certainly included traveling on the Hitachi units.

Thanks for thinking of me. Regards, Andrew G.

1546072637061-1137473057.thumb.jpg.d991ade026198b1d402245375e1868f0.jpg

I could possibly break it all up if the price is right. I can use the wheels from the bogies in Tomytec trains. And I should be able to move the motor unit on ebay. The other parts are 500 yen bits and bobs. Just take the hit on those.

Hello Folks, after a 5 year wait I amnow able to move on in my quest to make B-TRAIN shorty look-a-likes of Melbourne's now retired Hitachi emus out of GreenMax Economy kits of Tokyo 7000 series emus. I purchased the GM kit from katoftw back in 2018 and have been checking  Ebay and other sources for the very scarce Bandai B Train Shorty kits of the Tokyo 7290 class for guidance on how best to cut them up. I recently found the 7200 shorty kit on Ebay. After paying a bit more  than I would like and a not to long wait I now have 'gubbins' to get going. All progress will be reported on the B-train Shorty thread. 🙂 🙂 🙂

20230805_101212.jpg

20230805_101236.jpg

20230805_101308.jpg

2023-08-05_10-17-09.jpg

Well I finally girded my loins and got the intestinal fortitude into gear. As the first GreenMax to B Train Shorty type conversion I chose to make the Victorian Railways Hitachi trailer unit designed to fit between two driver units. It worked!!! Still got some gap filling of a poor joint on the opposite side to do plus paint and glazing. Fortunately the Kato bogies fitted in to the shortened GM chassis with out a problem, perfect fit!!20230904_2301382.thumb.jpg.6535965ca184407d36155112c6e34f3b.jpg