Keihan line in the street

Guest bill937ca

Martijn Meerts

The first bit of the first video is the best, with the buildings right next to the track etc. That would make a pretty nice scene to model ;)

Guest bill937ca

The videos show two different routes to the same station.  Both routes have a short section of street running. And yes, the scene with the wooden buildings and the narrow street is very tempting.  ;)

Thanks Bill.

This reply is mainly to see how my images will show up in this new (to me) "Simple Machines" format.

Also, a slight correction. The Keihan is a private railway. The videos show the Keihan Keishin line, one of the 5 Keihan railway lines. For some unknown reason, Japanese tend to call railways (tetsudo) lines (sen).

This photo shows a Keishin line train leaving the terminus at HAMA OHTSU and heading down the main street toward Kyoto's Tozai subway.

99574470.jpg

Keihan Keishin Line train entering Kyoto's Tozai subway.

37700432.jpg

Dick H - the photos look realy good. How is it working for you?

Works very well. Photos are displayed just like on most of the other groups I use.

Thanks to all.

Dick

wow those videos make me wanna go to japan so bad, i can almost smell japan already. 

the way the trams run on the street is kind of similar to San Francisco and our muni trams.

207569736_737ed1b691.jpg?v=0

wow those videos make me wanna go to japan so bad, i can almost smell japan already.   

the way the trams run on the street is kind of similar to San Francisco and our muni trams.

207569736_737ed1b691.jpg?v=0

reminds me of Enoden Line.