Sushiden

JR 500系

Was very keen on buying this until I read the description carefully:

※ Sushi can not be eaten

Also, what do they mean by this?

* When running with a fixed layout or a rental layout please pay attention to traffic lights and structures at the track.
* Please be aware that the layout may be damaged depending on the type of sushi.

42 minutes ago, Yavianice said:

* When running with a fixed layout or a rental layout please pay attention to traffic lights and structures at the track.
* Please be aware that the layout may be damaged depending on the type of sushi.

Well, I suspect that the "train" cars are a bit wider than normal and may not fit on a layout that has posts, signals, close to the track.   (Base on looking at the HS photos)

4 hours ago, Yavianice said:

Was very keen on buying this until I read the description carefully:

※ Sushi can not be eaten

This appears to be the plastic sushi often found on display in restaurant windows.  Its an imitation, not for eating. 

It would have non-standard clearances as it is made by a food sample manufacturer not a model railway manufacturer.  A power drive is just inserted under the sushi.

• Like 1

Self propelled variant of my sushi train! 

sushitrain.jpg

Loading gauge is an issue to be nmra compliant! I keep forgetting to add the wasabi dish and a tanker for soy sauce to it.

cheers

jeff

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, cteno4 said:

I keep forgetting to add the wasabi dish and a tanker for soy sauce to it.

How can you forget?     🍣   🍣

It's gonna be so cute! But why would they make each one motorised with no options for coupling at all... Jeff's Sushi train looks much nicer! 

1 hour ago, JR 500系 said:

It's gonna be so cute! But why would they make each one motorised with no options for coupling at all... Jeff's Sushi train looks much nicer! 

It mimics the "kaiten-zushi" or as it seems to be colloquially named "kura kura sushi".  The "sushi train" or "conveyor belt sushi" fast restaurants.

If you want to make your own, these erasers fit well onto small cars 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Iwako-Sushi-Eraser-6-Piece-Assorted-Styles-Japan-Import-Office-Desk-Art-School/352106628537?hash=item51fb30c5b9:g:GdoAAOSwyRdb~yRZ

they do need a spritz of clear gloss to make them shine a bit more, a little dull as they are erasers! 

There was a tiny sushi bar across the street from Monterey bay aquarium way back that had the boat style delivery of small sushi trays. Only difference is they did not use boats, but little sea otters on their backs with sushi tray on their bellies just like they do with their dinner. Was uber cute.

jeff

• Thanks 1