Japanese Modelling & Japan Rail Enthusiasts Forum
Krackel Hopper

Trains with Special Liveries

This Love Live thing is starting to get out of hand...

Space Train on the Nankai Railway. Video by DR YELLOW video by charonzoom.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

Very cool livery, although I can't help but think it would have looked even better on the 50000 series/ RAPI:T :)

Edited by Gryphr

I have yet to find a Nankai train I'd like. It will probably never happen.

Also that "Kiss my Nagasaki" campaign JR Kyushu has been running since last year went unmentioned so far. Somebody must've thought this was a good idea.

I put up a thread about the Miss My Nagasaki crap last year sometime.  It is Kyushu, so nil response from this community.  Two weeks ago I was in Kyushu.  Those themed trains look horrible.  Lots of rainbow colours and some boy band images on the side of the trains.  Yuk!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bill937ca said:

I don't think this belongs in the "ugly' thread.

Nice space train, probably a green max...

jeff

On 10/7/2017 at 6:53 AM, katoftw said:

I put up a thread about the Miss My Nagasaki crap last year sometime.  It is Kyushu, so nil response from this community.  Two weeks ago I was in Kyushu.  Those themed trains look horrible.  Lots of rainbow colours and some boy band images on the side of the trains.  Yuk!

They are indeed as horrible as calling a boy band Kis-my-FT2 and their singing ( I use the term loosely). Mrs Kamome had a short moment of madness and bought one of their albums.

I assume Kis-my-FT1 were even worse and whoever gave the green light on the marketing campaign needs a stern talking to. I saw a 800 series Tsubame with their vapid faces on my way to the JR Kyushu depot open day. Thankfully the Eva 500 was there to restore some faith in painted trains.

DBFE745F-7903-43F6-B9C2-A951EAA7D64E.jpeg

Please don't torture us like that and leave the boy band 800 as the last image.  Did you take a shot of the Eva 500?

Eric

Yeah I gotta say I have a strong personal line on the boy/girl band on painted trains. But to each his own!

Jeff

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:48 AM, ronin said:

Please don't torture us like that and leave the boy band 800 as the last image.  Did you take a shot of the Eva 500?

Eric

Sorry Eric

I have pictures but sadly too much maintenance facility equipment in the way for a decent picture, annoyingly.

The Kyushu Railway shop had their monthly N gauge running day on Sunday. It's a great way to give some exercise to the fleet while we are in moving limbo for another few weeks.

One chap there had a couple of Kato 885 Sonics and a 883. He has spent considerable time photographing each car, creating a scale sized image for the model and then printing on decal paper. They are horrible liveries, but you have to admit, these are very well executed examples. I should have asked him whether he would want to share the file for those so inclined. Hopefully he'll be there again next month.

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

Edited by Kamome
  • Thanks 1

Yes a design I would consider not done well and I’m no boy or girl band fan, the chap did a great job with this model! That is a lot of work and done well!

cheers

jeff

Edited by cteno4

4 hours ago, Kamome said:

I should have asked him whether he would want to share the file for those so inclined. Hopefully he'll be there again next month.

I doubt he'd do that.

Most people who invest all that time in creating those sell them for big money on Yahoo.

10 hours ago, katoftw said:

Sad way to ruin a rare 883.

Yeah, not really my taste either but certainly we’ll executed. The gentleman in question only had Kyushu rolling stock so I would bet he’d have another. At least he can get a new one in March if this is his only one. Or maybe he’s a massive Kis-my-FT2 fan!