Painted or Wrapped Trains in Special Liveries

Krackel Hopper

the galaxy express seibu 3000 is due for release maybe Thursday or friday! finally coming to market!

jeff

the galaxy express seibu 3000 is due for release maybe Thursday or friday! finally coming to market!

jeff

Gonna watch for it...and pounce if the chance avails itself!

john,

have you signed up for hobby search notice on it? otherwise just keep looking any chance you get in the next day or two a the web page at hs and poppendetta

you might also email loco1hobbies and fmodels to see if they have any coming not accounted for already. 

good luck!

jeff

Martijn Meerts

I pre-ordered mine the day it come up on Hobby Search (which means, a LONG time ago :)), and got the shipment notice yesterday. It'll probably be here in about 3 weeks because of customs ;)

Pics of the Toyama trams with Tetsudou Musume stickers: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/130718

They are also doing Tetsudou Musume Nendoroid figures and station attributes for your action figures now.

The trams are very cute, but I'm absolutely not going into trams and I'm broke anyway.

Edited by Densha

oooh mr postman just delivered the seibu 3000 galaxy express! Stunning train and worth the wait! the graphic is really nice on this one as it flows from one car to the next (dont get them out of order) in a very nice fashion with the hair billowing up and down the length of the train. quite a nice looking painted train. we dont have a show until this fall to show it off...

jeff

ps fmodels was very nice in including the most recent flyers/posters from kato, micro ace and tomytec!

Edited by cteno4

mine was 3 days in customs in nyc. EMS use to just breeze thru customs here, now they sit for a few days here even though there are very few tariffs to consider from japan to here...

jeff

Martijn Meerts

I've had anything from 1 day (VERY rare) to about 3 weeks, usually it's around 1.5 to 2 weeks.. Although, the most recent 2 packages went through quite fast.

Martijn Meerts

They must have nothing to do at the customs office.. My Seibu 3000 came in today. Really lovely train, and it even runs like a dream too (not always the case with MicroAce it seems ;))

Now I just need to get a lot of replacement couplers because the gap between the cars messes up the flow of the paint ;)

yeah i noticed that, the really do need the close coupling. 

maybe you got off the security list for showing up in the US saying you were going to a model train show and staying with goofy train guys you never met. bet that put a warning label on you! maybe now they finally believe you, they just thought all those model train shipments were a front, but it must be true if you order something as nice as this!

jeff

Martijn Meerts

Hehe.. I guess telling the customs officer that I was going to visit and stay with people I've only talked to on the internet was maybe not the smartest thing ever.. She did look a bit suspicious after that :D

Considering the amount of packages I've been receiving, and the amount of money the customs have made off me on all those packages, I really should get VIP treatment. Maybe I was just lucky.. We'll see how long the next package takes.. Just got the shipping notification from Hobby Search..

I think there's just a low amount of packages coming in because of the summer vacation; but maybe not, who knows. I didn't have to wait for the customs for a long time anyways because my packages tend to avoid them magically.

But again, we need pictures! Pictures I say!

well layout is not set up right now, so they would look like the hs picts. this one will be a tougher one to photograph as its long and the flowing design will be harder to capture on the model due to limited depth of focus. have to try it with a lot of light an perhaps further back, zoomed in.

at 8 cars i think this is the longest painted train model yet.

jeff

No surprise there considering that the anime featured on the monorail train is shown in that anime very often. But it's quite extensive; they even did the handgrips!

Arigatou Kami-sama~! I already liked your post before the picture was even loaded... when I saw Keihan and Keion I knew enough! :D :D :D

Instant pre-order when possible! Now I don't have to get the Platz kits which I was afraid of assembling and much cheaper too!! Hopefully next week my (very delayed) Keihan 600 normal paint and Keihan 350 will come in, will be a great combi!

• Like 2

I sure does Martijn. The announcement mentions the kanji for spring right? I hope they will re-release the power units around that time, I may be able to save up for that but I'm not sure.

What I wonder about though, there's now two companies releasing the same train. I wonder how they dealt with the licensing.