TRod

First N Gauge Layout - KATO Uni Track

TRod

The final 1%!

I bought the set and got the freight cars, crane and JRF containers for free on points and the rest a small present from a friend who was with me.

I'm had no intention of buying the 10-1519, it was the last one l think. I sort of prefer the D51 200 set but keeping with my modern freight theme the 1519 was hard to pass up.

No more train shopping....... for today.

20190105_215726.jpg

• Like 1

Das Steinkopf

The funny thing is I was going to make two suggestions for potential layouts, now it looks like there is only one clear choice. Given you had picked an EH500 for freight I was going to say the Tōhoku Mainline around Matsushima as you have the Senseki Line running nearby, the other suggestion was Kyushu as EH500-69 is a Moji Depot based locomotive.

• Like 1

TRod

I have no idea what you’re talking about haha. 

I’ll go study the map.

TRod

Now the shopping is complete, well, finished is probably a better description, l think l will be designing a new layout.

A long main line for running the Seven Stars of Kyushu train as well as the EH500 with all the freight cars l got, even if it's only one line with a big passing siding, and then a stevedoring yard and one or two industries. I've got enough track to build something interesting, l do love my sidings and long trains.

Will be moving house in the coming months so nothing permanent will be set up yet, although l do have ample space to set up on the tiled floor.

Just brainstorming my options l could go modular with a small modul for the Kirara, big modual for the long trains including some central sidings and another small module for industries.

I want to build something BIG but manageable as it will have to share a space with wooden boat building and pottery studio.

Already looking forward to next year's shopping spree. BUILDINGS! I would love the To-ji temple set. I went there and it was very impressive for it's age.

Hope to find some books in English about Japanese trains, routes, companies and designers. I know the SS of K designer has done a lot in the past 20 yrs, would be good to read up on.

Home in 3 days.

Adios amigo.

20190103_122947.jpg

Azumanga Davo

Collection's coming along quite nicely.  I think I'll start referring to my lot as "the 1%" to annoy my other half.  :P

Kiha66

Sounds like a good haul rod, where did you see that layout?  I have the kato book on building it and would love more pictures of the completed version to help my build.

katoftw

Pretty sure it is at the Kato store Tokyo.