Kiran

ICE: Kato or something else?

chadbag

Having said all that, the Lemke/ZIMO ones are supposed to have SUSI on them, so you should be able to use any SUSI compatible sound decoder to add sound.  ZIMO, D&H, etc make stand alone SUSI sound decoders you can add to regular decoders that support SUSI.

Yavianice

In the product specification it says

- Für Digitalbetrieb vorbereitet, Digitalset der Fa. Zimo (1x Fahrdecoder, 2x Funktionsdecoder) 61-10950-D1

I.e. If you want it digital, buy compatible Zimo decoders, if you want sound, buy the sound version. 

chadbag
2 hours ago, Yavianice said:

In the product specification it says

- Für Digitalbetrieb vorbereitet, Digitalset der Fa. Zimo (1x Fahrdecoder, 2x Funktionsdecoder) 61-10950-D1

I.e. If you want it digital, buy compatible Zimo decoders, if you want sound, buy the sound version. 

There is no sound version of the Zimo decoders for this train.  But the Zimo Decoders are SUSI compatible according to the listing.   So you can add a sound decoder extra (though I doubt there  is room set aside for that by KATO.  We’ll have to see 

chadbag
Posted (edited)

Amazon JP lists the KATO ICE4 as a release date of May 31 so it should be soon!

I'll be getting the ZIMO decoder sets from Modellbahn-Lippe for this.  If anyone wants to combine an order to Lippe for this (or anything else) let me know so we can share the shipping costs. (to the US)

Edited by chadbag
  • Like 1

Yavianice
Posted (edited)

KATO has shipped the ICE 4 european stock (by ship) to europe. It is now assembling the stock for Japan. So expect it to be released in 3-4 weeks.

Meanwhile, Hobbysearch has listed the Arnold ICE with release in November. I guess it is delayed again (since the original release date was in July)

Edited by Yavianice
  • Like 2

chadbag

As of right now, Amazon.co.jp has the (Japanese release) ICE 4 available.  I cancelled one of my pre-orders (I had a pre-order for delivery in Japan and one for delivery in the US and cancelled the Japan one just now -- I did not realize I still had the order open until I checked)..

KATO 10-1513  expansion set

KATO 10-1512  basic set

• Like 1

Yavianice
1 hour ago, chadbag said:

As of right now, Amazon.co.jp has the (Japanese release) ICE 4 available.  I cancelled one of my pre-orders (I had a pre-order for delivery in Japan and one for delivery in the US and cancelled the Japan one just now -- I did not realize I still had the order open until I checked)..

KATO 10-1513  expansion set

KATO 10-1512  basic set

If you look closely it is not available. Amazon.co.jp says "この商品の発売予定日は2019年5月31日です", so it will be available from 31 May.

chadbag
6 hours ago, Yavianice said:

If you look closely it is not available. Amazon.co.jp says "この商品の発売予定日は2019年5月31日です", so it will be available from 31 May.

What I meant was that Amazon JP had it available for preorder again.  For a long time Amazon itself no longer had them available (hence pre orderable outside Japan).  Sorry to not be precise.   

Btw you can set Amazon JP to run in English (or probably German or other language) so you don’t need to translate yourself.