Question on KiHa40 subversions

Recently, I've been having a look at KiHa40s from Hokkaido. I've even found a few (very few, but more than zero!) which have AC, but they all seem to have the low windows.

So my question is:

Are/were there any KiHa40 in Hokkaido livery with air conditioning and the taller side windows as depicted in the Platz z gauge models, or - in other words - is there any chance that Platz might ever release a model in Hokkaido livery?

• Like 1

All JR Hokkaido kiha 40 and variants have small windows, it is a part of the cold region specs on these models.  The few kiha 40 types with aircon were likely the ones used on Gakuentoshi Line services, serving commuters in the northern Sapporo suburbs.  

• Like 1

Yes, small, double glazed windows, weather partitions around the doors, cold tolerant brakes and heating, but rarely an airconditioner.

The question is, if i understand correctly is if any warm region variants have been used in Hokkaido?

Thank you all for your responses - though, obviously, those were not the answers I was hoping for! 😉

I had already the suspicion that all Hokkaido units were of the "wrong" type, and the reason is quite obvious, too. Still, I had the faint hope for the one exception...

Well, there's still one or two other models left that I could spend my money on! 😆