Hello from New Zealand!

Grant_T

Hi, I thought I'd properly introduce myself. I'm Grant from Christchurch New Zealand. I'm a middle aged university lecturer with too many hobbies and not enough time. I've been doing all sorts of modelling for years, both scale model kits and model rail. I'm principally interested in the modelling itself rather than the subjects, so I'm happy to build most things. It's nice to model railways because of the opportunities for scenic work (and modelling things that aren't designed to kill people). I've built seven layouts now ranging from American HO and N to British OO and New Zealand NZ120 scales. The new interest in Japanese N followed from a trip to Japan my wife and I made last year where we had a Japan Rail Pass for a week and had an amazing time (we're planning to go back next year!). I was amazed by how big the model railway scene was and spent many hours browsing stores like Popondetta while my wife shopped. Here is some of my previous work:

post-8485-0-69609800-1426370835.jpg
post-8485-0-23488700-1426370810.jpg
154.jpg

136.jpg

As mentioned, I also build planes and tanks and things:

25.jpg
72.jpg
05.jpg
18.jpg
finished-06.jpg

See you around the forum!

Grant

Edited by Grant_T
  • Like 4

Grant,

welcome to the forum! Glad you found Japanese trains and us!

wonderful detailing on the layout and models!

cheers

jeff

Hi Grant,

welcome here! Amazing work, especially the layout! It actually looks almost like a "everywhere layout", I just imagined a South African Garrat coming round the bend, or a Greek, Turkish, Australian, Brazilian, Spanish train on your tracks, none of these would look out of place. Maybe it's because of the absence of buildings on your pictures, which make it quite hard to add a specific location in my mind. I especially love the automobiles on your layout, that's a detail many people don't care about.

Cheers from Munich,

Martin

welcome Grant. I remember you from the NZ120 forum and if i recall correctly you made a stunning couple of NZ120 modules with river scene at one stage which went on trademe. I am still into NZ120 , but have always had the Japanese N Scale from way back after a holiday in Japan in 1985

• Like 1
6 hours ago, beakaboy said:

welcome Grant. I remember you from the NZ120 forum and if i recall correctly you made a stunning couple of NZ120 modules with river scene at one stage which went on trademe. I am still into NZ120 , but have always had the Japanese N Scale from way back after a holiday in Japan in 1985

Yeah, good to see you here. I've been tempted to go back to NZ120 at some stage. Maybe on the next layout.

• Like 1