Tomix 70 series EMU announced

marknewton

https://www.tomytec.co.jp/tomix/products/img/20181115-6.pdf

I’m really excited about this release. I’ve wanted some Shonan-front cars ever since I first saw photos of them. I toyed with the idea of getting some in kit form, but knowing how slow I am to finish anything, I decided against it. But now there’s RTR models on the way, I just have to decide which livery to choose. And I really like both! 🙂

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 1

Looks good!  Wonder why they included the サロ and サハ cars if they aren't going to be produced in this run, hopefully they will be announcing more HO trains in the future.  Are tomix HO trains DCC ready?  I really hope we get the rounded クハ86 at some point too.

None of the HO scale Tomix models I have are DCC ready. They all need to be hardwired by the modeller. At a guess they may be producing the other cars later. That’s what they did with their model of the  Saro 153-900 cars.

All the best,

Mark.

• Thanks 1
On 11/19/2018 at 8:19 PM, Kamome said:

Boo Tomix. Why did these have to be a March release? 

Why, what’s wrong with March? I don’t want to have to wait too long for these beautiful cars to arrive! 😀

All the best,

Mark.

16 hours ago, al camino said:

We only can hope either kato or tomix provides the usual delay. Probably both will ...

The Kato Kiha 81s were originally meant for a 2018 but were put back along with a number of Kato releases this year. I would doubt they’ll get pushed back again.

Huuu - I checked the schedules of the recent Tomix releases. My impression was Tomix had not provided alot of delay.

And Tomix also announced the re-relaese of KUMONI83-0 --> I was happy as I missed the (T)s with their first release.

Now the 83-0 are advertized in series 70 flyer.

I noticed the re-release and now thy are reserved at Hobby Search together with quite some Kato KIHAs.

The Tomix Kumoni83s are very good models. I got a pair when they were first released.

large.IMG_8856.JPG.15613c25b322432b627d3

They look good running in MU with my 153 and 165 series cars, and I’m sure they’ll look just as good with the 70 series. 

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 2

The Tomix flyer shows the Niigata livery coupled with a Kumoni83.

Personally and for the sake of diversity I would prefer the Yokosuka livery.

The train consist examples by manufacturer are not complete.

Might a Kumoni83 ever been coupled to Yokosuka colored EMU?

Or at least could it have happened?

@Mark

Is your 165 a Kato one? If yes - how did you couple them. Simply -click- and go does not work on Tomix-Kato.

Now I am looking for a simple idea beyond cutting and milling and whatever.

Alexander, in one of my Yamakei books there’s a couple of photos showing Kumoni 83s coupled with 70 and 80 series trains in Yokosuka livery, so I reckon it wasn’t uncommon. They look good, too.

My 165 series cars are all Kato models. I replaced one of the Kato couplers on a cab car with a Tomix unit, which are, or at least were, available as spare parts. It’s a while since I did it, but from memory all I had to do was trim some plastic off the Tomix coupler to make it fit. I’ll have a look when I get home tomorrow and check.

All the best,

Mark.

Thanks so far.

I should have asked a little more precicely 😕

My Kumoni83 is orange/green - could this one been coupled to Yokosuka livery EMU?

Edited by al camino
found a typo: Yokusuka --> Yokosuka

Mark, may I carefully ask for a picture of your book via PN. I'd love to see this orange/green&cream/blue combo - Hobby search wil be happy then 😉 

• Like 1

I’m up in Maitland at the moment playing with steam engines, but when I get home on Tuesday I’ll do that.

Mark.

Before I left home on Friday I took these photos showing how I fitted the Tomix couplers to the Kato 165 series cars. The original Kato couplers just unclip, and then I cut the clips/tabs off the Tomix couplers and glued them in place.

large.337D80C7-2DFA-42EA-AE36-DE109A0FB9

large.ECE68AF7-C77D-43AE-B3A6-C5A3BBBCD9

large.9D00DE70-B972-47B1-ACB5-66B0C286DB

All the best,

Mark.

• Like 3

Thanks for verification.

Last night I added C02 to my current cart at Hobby Search.

Unfortunatly only the gray one is available but anyway this solution works perfectly.

I did not think about spare parts before.